Social Insurance in Finland

To access medical care in Finland you need a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). You have to pay the same patient contributions as a permanent resident of Finland. Note that workers and civil servants moving to Finland from UK are still covered by the UK national insurance system. Your employer needs to ask HMRC for forms E101 and E106, which prove that tax and NI contributions are paid in the UK.

Charity, Assets and Residence
Room BP1301
Benton Park View
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE98 1ZZ

If you receive a UK state retirement pension or long-term incapacity benefit, you may be entitled to state-funded healthcare paid for by the UK. You’ll need to apply for form S1 from the International Pension Centre (tel. 0191 218 7777). You need to register your S1 with Finnish authorities. This entitles you to an EHIC issued by the UK which allows access to medical care in other EEA countries, including Britain.

Hospital notes may not follow you around as they do in the UK – YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR OWN ACCURATE AND DETAILED RECORDS! One good thing for us is that many doctors speak good English and are happy to practise it. The NHS website gives excellent advice and up-to-date information.

Check the prices of removals to Finland.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.