Relocating to Poland from The UK


Although Britain is not a member of the Schengen area, and therefore customs formalities apply, because we are members of the EU, there is little of consequence to concern the average Briton relocating to Poland from the UK.

There are no restrictions on the amount of currency you may bring in; medication must be for personal use only. Alcohol and tobacco are restricted and you can find full details at Iata Travel Centre.

Registering Essentials

You need to get a residence permit for a fixed period of time and then register your place of residence.

Register your stay

Go yourself to the office of “voivodeship” (Urząd Wojewódzki) within three months of entering Poland. You will need:

  • ID with photograph
  • Proof of economic viability
  • Health insurance
  • Act of marriage to a Polish citizen (if applicable)
  • Application form completed

Relocating to Poland from The UK


Register your place of residence

This is done at the local city council office. You can apply for temporary residence for five years. You will need:

  • Residence permit
  • ID or passport
  • Proof of residence
  • Completed form

You can download the forms you need form this website:

Foreigners in Poland

Relocating to Poland from The UK with Pets

Pets require their own pet passport, microchips, rabies vaccinations within 1 year, but not closer than 21 days from departure, and up-to-date routine vaccinations. If you intend to bring the pet back to the UK you must ensure the rabies vaccinations are kept up to date. Otherwise the formalties for having a Pet in Poland are sort of simillar to the ones in the UK.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.