VanOne is a trademark of VOGB Ltd, registered and used in the United Kingdom
Relocating to Spain

Book cheap removals to Spain

right here on this website.

Book cheap removals to Spain

right here on this website.

Get quote & Book

Relocating to Spain

Spanish Customs

Britain is not a member of the Schengen area, and therefore customs formalities apply. However because UK is a member of the EU, there is little of consequence to concern the average Briton relocating to Spain. You will need prior permission if you wish to bring arms in, and there is no free import of technical drawings. Otherwise you can bring in most things, with no currency restrictions. That’s including a limited quantity of alcohol and cigarettes. You can check this site for more information:

Registering Essentials

The Spanish are famed for bureaucracy, which can be difficult to deal with. However, there are some things you have to do, and one of them is to apply for your national identity card.

You must register in person at the nearest Office for Foreigners (Oficina de Extranjeros) which is normally part of the Town Hall (Ayuntamiento), or at specific police stations.

You will receive an A4 print of Residence Certificate. Certificate will be stating your name, address, nationality, NIE number (Número de Identificación Extranjeros) and date of registration. You will need:

The certificate will is almost immediately after confirmation of compliance with the corresponding requirements. This certificate will give the name, nationality and address of the registered person. His foreign national identity number and the date of registration are also stated.

Relocating to Spain

Registering on the padrón

The padrón is a list of all the people who live in a certain town, and by law you should register at the Town Hall. It simply enables the authority to know how many people live in the area. You will need:

The process is completed on the same day.

Once you’ve completed the simple process, you can begin to enjoy all the advantages being on the padrón offers, such as:

Relocating to Spain with Pets

Pets require their own pet passport, microchips. Rabies vaccinations within 1 year (but not closer than 21 days from departure), and up-to-date routine vaccinations are also required. If you intend to bring in more than 5 animals there may be restrictions, and clearance of all animals may be delayed after working hours or at weekends. See for more detailed information. Finally – if you intend to bring the pet back to the UK you must ensure that you keep the rabies vaccinations up to date.

Published By VanOne
Last updated on 12th August 2019

Related Posts

social-life-in-SpainSocial Life in Spain

Language Learning national language may be one of crucial points of diving into…

living-in-SpainLiving in Spain

Cost of living in Spain If you exclude the popular tourist destinations in the…

Healthcare-in-SpainHealthcare and Pensions in Spain

Healthcare and Social Insurance Once you are registered to work in Spain…

transportation-in-SpainTransportation in Spain

Driving in Spain Driving can become your favourite mean of transportation in Spain. There…

Get an Instant Quote

What is the total volume and weight of the items you'd like to move?

Two men moves are provided by our partner.