Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Portugal
Looking for a friendly and reliable removal service, as well as cheap prices for your removals to Portugal? Then read on. At VanOne we’re committed to three values:
- To deliver superb service to our customers
- To treat the belongings of our customers with as much care as if they were our own.
- And to offer the cheapest removal price in Europe.
So click on the quote form and you’ll soon be eating Piri Piri Chicken and sipping Portuguese wine in the comfort of your new home.
Looking for a company offering Portugal to UK removals? VanOne also has this covered, so request a quote and we will soon have you moved into your new UK home.
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
The price VanOne offers is very attractive. The driver was professional and arrived on time for both the loading and...2 months ago
My removal was from London to Lyon. I had a rather good experience with this company. They were good at communication...a week ago
I booked with VanOne because their website is relatively much more informative than websites of other companies. All...a week ago
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
230 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:The journey starts as soon as our experienced, friendly driver arrives. He will help you carry your belongings to our state of the art van. Trained in heavy lifting, he will treat your belongings with care and pack them securely. Then it’s off to Portugal!
Naturally you’ll want to know your possessions are safe, so we’ll keep you updated as we travel. Then when we’re two hours away, we’ll give you a friendly phone call to let you know we’re getting close.
Two hours later, you’ll open the door to the same driver who helped you load your belongings, and he’ll happily help you take them back out again and carry them into your new home. Easy!
Documents you’ll need to move to Portugal:
You will need quite a few documents to be eligible for a removal to Portugal from the UK. It is a legacy of Brexit that all domestic relocations to the European Union must happen under a Transfer of Residence procedure. Whether or not a particular residential move qualifies for this Transfer of Residence status is entirely within the jurisdiction of the customs authority, and the paperwork is largely based on the requirements of each country’s customs authorities.
In Portugal those requirements are particularly strict, and failing to achieve the Transfer of Residence status will mean that the removal is treated as a regular import which can be charged with import VAT (at the rate of 23% of the items’ total value). Therefore, we require our customers to ensure that all the listed paperwork is diligently completed long before the day of collection.
We will only collect your goods if we receive the following documents prior to the removal:
- Identity card or Passport copy.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A document confirming that you are an EU resident or intending to become one, for example: if you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID and a utility bill with the address; or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract; or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- Evidence that you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. 12 months of council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
The last bit of paperwork you will receive from us on the day of your move. It is the CMR form (a cargo movement form), which is a kind of inventory required for all transports.
Good news! Until 17th December 2021, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A Certificate of Baggage issued by the Portuguese Consulate in the UK.
- An ‘Atestado de Residência’ (proof of address) – it’s an official document issued by the local Portuguese Junta de Freguesia (kind of parish council) confirming that your client will establish residence at a given address.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in Portugal to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Portugal.
How to prepare:
“Proper planning prevents poor performance.” This phrase originates with the British Army, but it’s no less true for movers! To keep your belongings safe and secure, remember to cover or place padding on furniture, and place your loose items in boxes or suitcases.
If you need heavy-duty shrink wrap or protective blankets, please visit out our online store.
How long do removals to Portugal take?
It’s incredibly quick. Once everything is packed, the driver heads straight for Portugal. The journey takes just 44 hours, so you’ll be sitting back on that comfortable armchair with a cup of iced tea in hand in no time.
- If moving from Wales or Scotland transit times will be longer (up to 52 hours).
- Orders less than the full capacity of the removal van (<15 cubic meters) can take longer to deliver (up to 5 days). Click here for more details.
Find the cheapest removals from UK to Portugal
When moving from the UK to Portugal, there is a great deal to organise. This includes finding affordable house removals to Portugal with an international removals specialist. To find a cheap removals service, many people search online. However, there are some things you must know before booking your move, or it could end up being very expensive.
- Removals companies are often beaten in the search rankings by middleman services and price comparison sites. This may appear to offer the cheapest removals deals, but they actually add extra fees on in the form of commission for the middleman.
- The cheapest deals are those with no middleman costs. Find these by contacting a genuine removals company like VanOne directly and getting a free quote.
How to spot the middleman companies – and avoid paying fees
Middleman companies may use fake brands and sites in order to generate leads, which they pass on to third party removals services. The make their money by charging the company for the referral, and the company gets its money back by charging you a little more. The good news is that middleman companies are easy to spot, if you know a few little tricks.
- Does the business name appear on the Companies House register? This is a great way to find out if the business is legitimate. All companies operating from the UK are required to be registered here. Therefore a fake brand will not appear on the list.
- Does the business website use real photographs of its vehicles and/or staff? Any authentic international removals company will be proud to show you its own vehicles and removals team, while a fake brand will use stock images as illustrations. The VanOne website is full of pictures of our own fleet of vehicles so you can see what we will use for your removals to Portugal.
A safer way to move from the UK to Portugal
VanOne’s house and flat removals to Portugal are part of a dedicated removals service that takes care of your goods. We travel directly from A to B, minimising the risk of loss or damage to your possessions. At all times, we are protected by comprehensive insurance cover, and our staff are highly trained and very experienced.
On the other hand, a third party removals company arranged by a middleman could put your belongings at risk. Items moved this way often travel through a number of different locations and depots, and could be handled by several companies during their journey. The risk of loss or damage is far higher. Stay safe and use a trusted and authentic removals company like VanOne for your house removals UK to Portugal.
Removals from Portugal to the UK
Making the big move from Portugal to a new home in the UK? VanOne also offers removals to the UK from Portugal and other European countries. Our removals service transports goods on both sides of the English Channel, allowing us to serve a huge number of international customers while still offering the same great service and low prices.
Our removals team can collect your possessions from your former home in Portugal, and take them safely to any UK destination. This makes our removals service one of the most efficient in the business. We make big savings this way, and reduce our carbon footprint too! With our policy of never travelling with an empty van, we can keep offering you low-cost removals. To book your removals to the UK from Portugal, complete our online quote form today.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
What makes us special is that we consider every customer to be special too. In addition to providing you with a simple and efficient removal service, we strive to make it pleasant and hassle free as well. We achieve this by focusing on our three core values. These are great service, 100% safe removals and super cheap prices. Easy, safe, cheap. We think that just about covers it! Click for a quote now.
Any other questions about removals to Portugal?
If we haven’t answered some of your questions, please check out our FAQ page. The answer is sure to be listed there. VanOne is here to make your move easy so get in touch today. We are trusted international movers because we deliver a high quality service at an affordable low price. Find out more: contact VanOne now.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
If you are moving to Portugal with your children, you will want to have them registered in the Portuguese education…
Have you recently moved to Portugal? Are you planning to move there? You will need to know all about health…
Medical Care and Social Insurance Before we raise a question of pensions in Portugal,…
Driving in Portugal Choosing a car as a mean of transportation in Portugal can be quite safe,…