Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Portugal
Looking for a friendly and reliable removal service, as well as cheap prices for your removals to Portugal? Then read on. At VanOne we’re committed to three values:
- To deliver superb service to our customers
- To treat the belongings of our customers with as much care as if they were our own.
- And to offer the cheapest removal price in Europe.
So click on the quote form and you’ll soon be eating Piri Piri Chicken and sipping Portuguese wine in the comfort of your new home.
Your journey with us:The journey starts as soon as our experienced, friendly driver arrives. He will help you carry your belongings to our state of the art van. Trained in heavy lifting, he will treat your belongings with care and pack them securely. Then it’s off to Portugal!
Naturally you’ll want to know your possessions are safe, so we’ll keep you updated as we travel. Then when we’re two hours away, we’ll give you a friendly phone call to let you know we’re getting close.
Two hours later, you’ll open the door to the same driver who helped you load your belongings, and he’ll happily help you take them back out again and carry them into your new home. Easy!
Documents you’ll need:
When it comes to paperwork, booking removals to Portugal couldn’t be easier. There are only two forms to complete: an insurance form – we provide goods in transit insurance free of charge, and a cargo movement form (CMR form) – the driver will hand this to you to fill in on the day of your move.
How to prepare:
“Proper planning prevents poor performance.” This phrase originates with the British Army, but it’s no less true for movers! To keep your belongings safe and secure, remember to cover or place padding on furniture, and place your loose items in boxes or suitcases.
If you need heavy-duty shrink wrap or protective blankets, please visit out our online store.
How long do removals to Portugal take?
It’s incredibly quick. Once everything is packed, the driver heads straight for Portugal. The journey takes just 44 hours, so you’ll be sitting back on that comfortable armchair with a cup of iced tea in hand in no time.
- If moving from Wales or Scotland transit times will be longer (up to 52 hours).
- Orders less than the full capacity of the removal van (<15 cubic meters) can take longer to deliver (up to 5 days). Click here for more details.
Find the cheapest removals from UK to Portugal
When moving from the UK to Portugal, there is a great deal to organise. This includes finding affordable house removals to Portugal with an international removals specialist. To find a cheap removals service, many people search online. However, there are some things you must know before booking your move, or it could end up being very expensive.
- Removals companies are often beaten in the search rankings by middleman services and price comparison sites. This may appear to offer the cheapest removals deals, but they actually add extra fees on in the form of commission for the middleman.
- The cheapest deals are those with no middleman costs. Find these by contacting a genuine removals company like VanOne directly and getting a free quote.
How to spot the middleman companies – and avoid paying fees
Middleman companies may use fake brands and sites in order to generate leads, which they pass on to third party removals services. The make their money by charging the company for the referral, and the company gets its money back by charging you a little more. The good news is that middleman companies are easy to spot, if you know a few little tricks.
- Does the business name appear on the Companies House register? This is a great way to find out if the business is legitimate. All companies operating from the UK are required to be registered here. Therefore a fake brand will not appear on the list.
- Does the business website use real photographs of its vehicles and/or staff? Any authentic international removals company will be proud to show you its own vehicles and removals team, while a fake brand will use stock images as illustrations. The VanOne website is full of pictures of our own fleet of vehicles so you can see what we will use for your removals to Portugal.
A safer way to move from the UK to Portugal
VanOne’s house and flat removals to Portugal are part of a dedicated removals service that takes care of your goods. We travel directly from A to B, minimising the risk of loss or damage to your possessions. At all times, we are protected by comprehensive insurance cover, and our staff are highly trained and very experienced.
On the other hand, a third party removals company arranged by a middleman could put your belongings at risk. Items moved this way often travel through a number of different locations and depots, and could be handled by several companies during their journey. The risk of loss or damage is far higher. Stay safe and use a trusted and authentic removals company like VanOne for your house removals UK to Portugal.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
What makes us special is that we consider every customer to be special too. In addition to providing you with a simple and efficient removal service, we strive to make it pleasant and hassle free as well. We achieve this by focusing on our three core values. These are great service, 100% safe removals and super cheap prices. Easy, safe, cheap. We think that just about covers it! Click for a quote now.
Any other questions about removals to Portugal?
If we haven’t answered some of your questions, please check out our FAQ page. The answer is sure to be listed there. VanOne is here to make your move easy so get in touch today. We are trusted international movers because we deliver a high quality service at an affordable low price. Find out more: contact VanOne now.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
If you are moving to Portugal with your children, you will want to have them registered in the Portuguese education…
Have you recently moved to Portugal? Are you planning to move there? You will need to know all about health…
Medical Care and Social Insurance Before we raise a question of pensions in Portugal,…
Driving in Portugal Choosing a car as a mean of transportation in Portugal can be quite safe,…