Get an Instant Quote
Removals to France
Looking for a friendly and reliable removal service, as well as cheap prices for removals to France? Then read on. At VanOne we’re committed to three values:
- To deliver superb service to our customers.
- To treat the belongings of our customers with as much care as if they were our own.
- And to offer the cheapest removal price in Europe.
So click on the quote form and you’ll soon be eating cheese and drinking French wine in the comfort of your new home.
Are you looking for a reverse journey? Luckily we also offer removals from France to the United Kingdom. Simply enter a British city as a destination and you’ll be staying at the other side of the English Channel in no time.
I had chosen Vanone Service before as well. If you want a move without any hassle, choosing their service would be the...a week ago
I can only recommend VanOne as your international movers. Not only they are the cheapest, but they are also really...in the last week
I am so happy with the service. They were professional, on time and the driver was great. Customer service are very...a month ago
I would recommend using the VanOne service for delivery purposes. They give quick service and the staff is very...a month ago
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
252 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:The journey starts as soon as our experienced, friendly driver arrives. He will help you carry your belongings to our state of the art van. Trained in heavy lifting, he will treat your belongings with care and pack them securely. Then it’s off to France!
For your peace of mind, we’ll keep you updated throughout the journey so that you know your treasured items are safe, and two hours from the destination, we will call to confirm our arrival time.
Two hours later, the same friendly driver will be at your door, ready to help you carry your belongings into your new house. It couldn’t be simpler.
What documents do I need to move to France after Brexit?:
Easy removals from the United Kingdom to France, with no worry for paperwork, are a thing of the past. Post-Brexit reality forces all of the residential moves between the EU and the UK to comply with the Transfer of Residence procedure in order to avoid paying import VAT on the goods subject to removal (in France, the VAT rate is 20%). It is VanOne’s mission in this difficult reality to make the process of removals to France after Brexit as smooth as possible. In order to achieve that, we will require a rather extensive paperwork from you.
To collect your goods, the following documents are necessary:
- Identity card or Passport copy.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A document confirming that you are an EU resident or intending to become one, for example: if you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID and a utility bill with the address; or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract; or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. 12 months of council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
Another document is a cargo movement or CMR form, which your driver will give you on the day of your move.
Good news! Until 13th June 2022, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A certificate from the local council in France to certify residency.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in France to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in France.
How to prepare:
The British Army has an old saying: proper planning prevents poor performance. This applies to moving too. To keep your possessions as secure and as safe as possible during transit, we recommend you pack loose items in suitcases or boxes. Place padding on furniture, or cover it up.
For great prices on packing materials, head over to our online store where you’ll find heavy-duty shrink wrap and protective blankets
How long does the journey to France take?
You’ll be there in no time at all. Once our driver has loaded up the vehicle with your furniture and items, he’ll drive straight for your new home. The average journey from the UK to France takes half a day, so you’ll be sitting on your favourite sofa with a glass of wine in hand before you know it.
- Please be advised that when moving from Scotland or Wales it can take up to 48 hours to reach France.
- If the items to be transported are less than the full loading capacity of the removal vehicle (<15 cubic meters) it may take up to 5 days for delivery. For details please click here.
Get cheap removals UK to France with no hidden charges
France is a popular location for UK expats to move to. If you are considering a move from the UK to France, you will no doubt be searching for cheap international removals companies online. Before you decide on a moving company, make sure you understand a little about the industry. It could save you from paying too much for your move!
- The top results on Google and other search engines often reveal middleman companies and price comparison sites over genuine removals brands.
- Customers who are referred to a removals brand through a middleman will usually pay more, even if the deal looks good, because of the commission they charge on your lead.
- You can get the cheapest UK to France removals by contacting a genuine removals company such as VanOne directly.
Avoid middleman fees by finding the genuine removals brands
If you can spot real removals companies from fake ones, you can save a great deal of money on your UK to France move. Here are some tips so you can work out whether that online offer is too good to be true – and avoid using a risky, expensive service.
Is the company registered on Companies House?
This online database lists all UK companies authorised to operate, along with contact details and business history. If you want to verify whether a business is genuine or not, this is a great place to start.
Does the company’s website use stock images?
A genuine removals brand will almost always show images of its own staff and vehicles, while a fake brand tends to source its illustrations from Google or from online image libraries.
How to get a safer removals service from the UK to France
Using a middleman service is not only expensive, but it can also be very risky. When you order through a middleman, they can refer your job onto any removals or shipping company they choose – and you don’t get a say. Cheap removals ordered this way often pass through logistics centres and have complex routes. The more often your goods are loaded and unloaded, the more chance of loss or damage.
Genuine removals companies like VanOne will always carry your goods directly from Point A in the UK to Point B in France, so the risk to your possessions is minimal. Trust a legitimate and straightforward removals company: call VanOne today and book your move to France.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
We believe you are special; therefore we want your experience with us to be pleasant and hassle free. The best way to achieve this is by adhering to our three core values. Here are what they mean to you: our incredibly cheap prices mean you can spend the money you save on something you really want, the care we show to your belongings means you can rest assured they will arrive in the same shape they left, and our superb customer service means you will find the whole process easy. So what more could you want? Some French wine, you say? We’ll see what we can do. Click for a quote now.
Moving from France to the UK?
That’s not a problem at all. As a matter of fact the VanOne removal service is tailored specifically for European removals. In order to be able to offer such a low price to our customers, while still maintaining high quality standards we embrace one simple rule – our vans don’t drive empty. Whether you’re moving from York to Paris or from Lyon to London – we are there to help you in whatever you might need to safely transport your belongings to your new home.
Any other questions?
Still have some questions? Check out our FAQ page. We’re certain you’ll find the answers there.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
Would you miss your bacon? Most people who relocate to another country have some…
Many Brits have retired in France. The country is extremely popular with the Brits…
If you are moving to France and thinking of…
Thousands of Brits consider moving to France…