Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Sweden
Want a secure, friendly and reliable removal service without having to pay an arm and a leg for it? You’ve come to the right place.
- At VanOne, we’re passionate about our values, because it’s by sticking to them that we’re able to deliver all the things you want from a removal service.
- For us it’s standard to deliver great service to our customers, to treat our customers’ posessions with care, and to offer the cheapest prices.
So click on the quote form and before you know it you’ll be eating Swedish meatballs and listening to ABBA in the comfort of your new home.
Book your move from Sweden to the UK with VanOne! We provide a reverse-journey service for customers moving to the UK from any Swedish town or city.
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
The price VanOne offers is very attractive. The driver was professional and arrived on time for both the loading and...2 months ago
My removal was from London to Lyon. I had a rather good experience with this company. They were good at communication...a week ago
I booked with VanOne because their website is relatively much more informative than websites of other companies. All...a week ago
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
230 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:
As soon as you open the door to our driver, you’ll be greeted with a smile. He’ll be experienced and trained in heavy lifting, helping you carry all your possessions safely to the van and securing them neatly inside. As soon as that’s done, Sweden here we come!
Of course you will be concerned about the safety of your belongings. That’s why we reassure you with regular updates while we travel. When we’re two hours away from your new home, you will get a courtesy call telling you when we expect to arrive. When we get there, your familiar friendly driver will help you to unload your belongings and carry them into your new house. Can it be that easy? Yes it can – and it is!
Documents you’ll need to move to Sweden:
After Brexit, we no longer offer a paperwork-free removal service for relocations from the UK to Sweden. In order to transport your belongings as a residential removal, and not a regular import with all the applicable taxes (25% of the total value of goods in Sweden), you will need to convince the customs officer that you are eligible for Transfer of Residence status. For that reason we list 8 documents in total, which are a good basis to ensure you achieve that status. Currently, however, only three of those documents will be required to move your goods to Sweden (more information below).
We will only be able to move your goods if we receive the following documents prior to the removal:
- A copy of ID card or Passport.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A document confirming that you are an EU resident or intending to become one, for example: if you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID and a utility bill with the address; or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract; or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. 12 months of council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
We will aslo need a CMR form (a cargo movement form), but this one the driver will hand you to fill out on the day of your move.
Good news! Until 17th December 2021, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A certificate from the local council in Sweden to certify residency.
- Completed declaration for obtaining relief from customs duty.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in Sweden to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Sweden.
You can also visit this government resource for more information about bringing personal effects to Sweden.
How to prepare:
There’s an old saying in the British Army: proper planning prevents poor performance. The same holds true with moving. In order for your possessions to be as safe and secure as possible in transit, we recommend you put padding on any furniture and that you place all loose items in boxes or in suitcases.
If you need packing materials, do check our online store where you’ll be able to order protective blankets and heavy-duty shrink wrap.
How long does the journey to Sweden take?
It’s very quick. Once he’s packed everything in, our driver will head directly to your new home. The average journey from the UK to Sweden is around 36 hours, so you’ll be sitting on your favourite lounge with a cup of tea in hand in no time.
- Please be advised that when moving from Scotland or Wales it can take up to 48 hours to reach Sweden.
- If the items to be transported are less than the full loading capacity of the removal vehicle (<15 cubic meters) it may take up to 5 days for delivery. For details please click here.
How to get the cheapest UK to Sweden removals
Moving to Sweden from the UK requires careful planning, especially if you need to keep costs to a minimum. Many people will start by searching for cheap international removals on Google, and selecting one of the top results. However, this is unlikely to give you the cheapest price. Here is how to find cheap house removals UK to Sweden.
- The top ranking sites for cheap international removals are often the price comparison sites and other middleman services. You can book your move through them, and they refer you to a third party removals company. They charge a fee for the referral, which will usually get passed on to you in the final price of your move.
- Contacting a removals specialist like VanOne directly is the best way to secure a cheap rate for house removals UK to Sweden. With no middleman, there are no fees.
How to spot a middleman service from a removals specialist:
In order to get that great deal, you need to be able to tell a fake removals brand apart from a real one. Here you can learn how to tell if a company is genuine, before you entrust your UK to Sweden move to them.
- Does the business appear on the Companies House website? This online database a legally required list of all UK registered companies. Search by business name to find director contact details, accounts history and other key information. If no information exists for that brand name, you could be dealing with a middleman’s fake site.
- Are the pictures on the company’s website authentic? Genuine businesses are happy to use photographs of their own vehicles and staff. A lead generation site, on the other hand, will be illustrated with impersonal stock photographs.
How to ensure a safe move from the UK to Sweden
The safest way to get your possessions to Sweden is to travel directly from A to B. However, through a middleman and a third party company (or several), you goods may travel from A to D, D to C, C to F, back to B… You get the idea! Cheap removals done this way usually involve complex shipping processes. There is a whole lot of loading and unloading. This greatly increases the chance that something will get lost or damaged along the way.
On the other hand, dedicated removals specialists such as VanOne can transport your belongings directly, keeping risk to a minimum. Your possessions will travel in our vans from your house in the UK to your new home in Swede. They will always be covered by our comprehensive insurance policy. Plus, they will also be looked after by a member of our own trusted team.
Moving to the UK from Sweden
Are you currently living in Sweden, but planning a move to the UK? Whether you are returning home after time living in Scandinavia, or you are a Swedish person making a new start in Britain, we can help make your big move happen. VanOne offers removals from Sweden to the UK with the same low prices and great service as our UK to Europe moves. You could soon be in your new home, enjoying British life, with our Sweden to UK moving service. Get a quote with the form provided. VanOne will contact you to book your move to the UK.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
What makes us special? You do. That’s why we strive to make your move pleasant and hassle free. We do this by sticking to our three core principles, which are: making your move easy, safe and cheap. Easy, because our customer service team bends over backwards to make sure you’re happy, safe, because our drivers do their utmost to look after your belongings, and cheap, because we give you the cheapest price on the market for removals to Sweden. So, if these values tick your boxes, click for a quote now.
Any other questions?
Something you are still unsure about? Please visit our FAQ page, where we’re sure you will find the answer.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
Cost of living in Sweden is rather similar to what you’re used to in…
Pensions in Sweden Before describing the state of health care in Sweden, you…
Public Transportation in Sweden Driving in Sweden is not the preferred way to get…
Language Learning Swedish might be useful for establishing a social life in Sweden. It…