Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Austria
Looking for Removals to Austria? Want a friendly and reliable removal service without the high price tag? You’ve come to the right place. At VanOne we live and breathe our three core values:
- To provide exceptional service to our customers.
- To treat our customers’ belongings with as much care as if they were ours.
- And to give our customers the cheapest removal price in Europe – guaranteed.
So click on the quote form left and before you know it you’ll be eating apple strudel and watching The Sound of Music in the comfort of your new home.
Moving back to the UK from Austria? Our removals team also offers moving services from Austria to the UK - fill out our form to get a quote now!
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
The price VanOne offers is very attractive. The driver was professional and arrived on time for both the loading and...a month ago
I had a great experience moving from the UK to Germany with VanOne. The driver was exceptionally friendly and helpful...a month ago
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
226 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:It all begins when our friendly and experienced driver arrives at your doorstep. Trained in heavy lifting, he will help you carry all your treasured items out of the house and load them carefully into our state of the art van. Once everything is packed in neatly and securely, it’s off to Austria we go!
We know we’re carrying your most valued possessions, so for your peace of mind we’ll keep you updated throughout the whole journey, and when we’re two hours away from the destination we’ll give you a courtesy call to confirm our arrival time.
Two hours later you’ll open your front door and be greeted by the same friendly driver, who’ll happily help you bring all your items into your new home. It really couldn’t be easier.
Documents you’ll need to move to Austria:
Though we used to offer a nearly “paperless” European relocation service, it is no longer possible. Removals to Austria after Brexit are very much a bureaucracy-riddled process. We will, of course, still carry your possessions safely from the United Kingdom to your new home – and do our best to help you comply with the official requirements – but collecting all the necessary paperwork must be performed by you.
People moving home to Austria in a post-Brexit reality must achieve Transfer of Residence status in order to be exempt from import VAT (20% of the total value of goods). Whether a transit qualifies as Transfer of Residence or not is the decision of the customs authority, and the paperwork listed below helps the Austrian customs office make the correct decision.
We will only be able to collect your goods if you supply us with the following documents:
- Identity card or Passport copy.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A document confirming that you are an EU resident or intending to become one, for example: if you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID; or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract; or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. Council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
The listed documents are required prior to collecting your belongings. On the day of your move you will also receive a CMR form (cargo movement) to fill out.
Good news! Until 17th December 2021, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A certificate from the local council in Austria to certify residency.
- Completed ZBefr2 or ZBefr2a declaration.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in Austria to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Austria.
How to prepare:
There’s an old saying in the British Army: proper planning prevents poor performance. The same holds true with moving. In order for your possessions to be as safe and secure as possible in transit, we recommend you place all loose items in boxes or in suitcases, and that you cover up (or place padding on) any furniture. If you need packing supplies, feel free to check out our online store where you can order heavy duty shrink wrap and protective blankets.
How long does the journey to Austria take?
Not long at all. Once our drivers have packed up the van with your belongings, they head straight for your new home. The average trip from the UK to Austria is just 36 hours,* so you’ll be sitting on your favourite sofa with a cup of tea in hand in no time.
- Please note that moves from Scotland or Wales can take up to 48 hours.
- Orders smaller than the full loading capacity of the removal vehicle (<15 cubic meters) can take up to 5 days to deliver. For details please click here.
Getting a cheap removals deal for your move to Austria
Moving to Europe can be expensive, so you need to know you are getting the best removals deal on the market. You will probably turn to Google to search for cheap removals to Austria. However, there are a few things you need to know in order to secure the best deal.
- The top links on Google for international removals to Austria are often price comparison sites and middleman services. Genuine removals brands may be overlooked.
- To get the best deal, you should speak with a genuine removals company directly. VanOne is a UK based international moving company, able to complete your UK to Austria removals.
How to avoid middleman fees when you move UK to Austria
Make sure you don’t pay too much for your UK to Austria removals. Use VanOne’s tips to make sure you always select the genuine removals companies, and that you can spot them from the fakes. A genuine company uses their own staff and their own vehicles for your A to B move, so you are guaranteed safety and a great low price too.
- Check the Companies House database to verify if a removals brand is registered in the UK. Genuine removals companies, such as VanOne, will appear in this list. Fake brands do not exist as real companies: instead, they pass your details onto a removals company for a fee.
- Look at the quality and appearance of the images on the removals company’s website. A real company will usually use images of its own vehicles and staff, rather than stock images from a photo library.
Get the safest removals to Austria from the UK
For house removals UK to Austria, you need a reliable and trustworthy international removals service. Many middleman services refer customers to businesses with cheap but complex shipping and logistics processes. Your goods may pass through many depots and drop-offs before arriving at your new home. This is cheaper but it also increases the risk of damage or loss. A dedicated international removals service like VanOne transports your goods directly from your old house in the UK to your new home in Austria.
Moving to the UK from Austria
VanOne is the company to call when moving from Austria to the UK. Our removals team also makes return journeys from the European mainland. We can take your possessions from your old home in Austria to your new UK property. This means we can keep our costs down, and pass our savings onto you! Our removals service is highly efficient and we make the most of every mile we travel. To get your quote for removals to the UK from Austria, fill out our handy online form now and we will get back to you ASAP!
If you have any questions we have not answered here, please check our FAQ page. We’re sure you’ll find what you’re looking for there. We know all about removals to Austria so we are happy to help with your questions. You can move quickly and safely because we have the right staff and vehicles for the job. Put your trust in VanOne for affordable removals to Austria.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
We thought we’d remind you why we’re special – it’s because we believe you’re special. That’s why we stick to our three core values, because we know by doing so we can make your moving experience a pleasant and hassle free one.
Value number 1: Our exceptional customer service means you will find it EASY to move to Austria with us.
Value number 2: Our commitment to treating your belongings with the utmost care means they are 100% SAFE with us. We travel directly from A to B.
Value number 3: Our super CHEAP prices means it won’t cost you an arm and a leg to move.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
Having just arrived from London to escape the rainy cold winters of…
How to get Red White Red Card in Austria Since 2011 Austria has introduced the Red White…
Education in Austria Austria, otherwise known as Österreich in the German language simply means the ‘Eastern Kingdom/Empire‘.…
Facts about Austria Austria is a federal republic, the country is also referred to as ‘Lander’ in…