Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Germany
So you’re moving to Germany? We can help.
- At VanOne we not only offer the cheapest prices for removals to Germany, we will also provide you with top notch customer service.
- And take the utmost care with your belongings. It’s part of our three core values after all.
So click on the quote form and before you know it you’ll be eating a Bratwurst and downing a German beer in the comfort of your new home.
Planning a move from Germany to the UK? VanOne's reverse journey policy lets us move your belongings in either direction!
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
Easy to book the removal from France back to our storage lockup in the UK, good communication from Danielle in...2 months ago
Outstanding service at a great price. They were on time and delivered the service they promised plus went the extra...2 months ago
Cheap and quick. Insurance was a bit confusing as the premium insurance companies suggested wouldn’t cover my move...2 months ago
I used to transport household goods from NE England to Southern Spain. I found Danielle who was my main contact very...3 months ago
Aggregate Rating 4.5 / 5
202 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:It starts when our friendly, experienced driver knocks on your door; ready to help you carry your belongings to our state of the art van. Being trained in heavy lifting, he will ensure your items are loaded and secured carefully. Once everything is neatly packed, it’s destination Germany!
Naturally you’ll want to know your possessions are safe, so we’ll keep you updated as we travel. Then when we’re two hours away, we’ll give you a friendly phone call to let you know we’re getting close.
Two hours later, you’ll open the door to the same driver who helped you load your belongings, and he’ll happily help you take them back out again and carry them into your new home. Easy!
Documents you’ll need for a removal to Germany:
What is the required paperwork, when moving to Germany from the United Kingdom? After Brexit, the documents necessary for residential removals increased greatly in number. Where once you were able to move between the two countries with scarcely any paperwork, now you must provide six different documents to have a good chance at moving under the Transfer of Residence procedure. Failing to achieve the Transfer of Residence status can effect in import VAT being charged for the imported goods (in Germany it is 19% of the total value).
The documents we will need in order to collect your goods are:
- A copy of ID card or Passport.
- A detailed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
On the day of collection there will be one more document to fill in – the CMR form. Your driver will provide it to you.
Good news! Until 1st May 2021, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK for at least 12 months (e.g. 12 months of council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A certificate from the local council in Germany to certify residency.
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in Germany to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Germany.
How to prepare:
“Proper planning prevents poor performance.” This phrase originates with the British Army, but it’s no less true for movers! To keep your belongings safe and secure, remember to cover or place padding on furniture, and place your loose items in boxes or suitcases.
If you need heavy-duty shrink wrap or protective blankets, please visit out our online store.
How long does the removals to Germany take to complete?
The average drive from the UK to Germany is just 24 hours, so before you know it you’ll be relaxing in the comfort of your new home.
- If you reside in Scotland or Wales it can take longer – up to 48 hours in some cases.
- If you are moving a small amount of belongings relative to the size of the van (<15 cubic meters) it may take up to 5 days for delivery. For details, click here.
How to get the cheapest deal for removals to Germany:
If you, like most of those who plan to move to Germany from the UK, search for the best removals deals on Google, you might like to be aware of some of the important removals market characteristics before you choose your international mover.
- Among all the search results you see on Google, most are the price comparison sites and the middleman companies.
- If you are looking for the best deal for your removal to Germany, you should talk directly to a genuine removals company like VanOne. Only this way you can avoid paying unnecessary fees to the middleman.
How to avoid paying the middleman fees for your removal to Germany?
It’s cheaper and more effective to arrange a good removals deal directly with the removals company, who are capable of moving your belongings using their own vehicles. Here are some tips about how to spot a genuine removals brand online:
- Search the name of the company in the Companies House database. Some of the international removals brands which are most often found in Google Search don’t actually exist as companies. They are customer lead producing websites. Booking your removal through them will cost you more, as the fee you pay for your service is shared between the service provider and the owner of the website who put you in contact with the removals company.
- Check the quality of images on the website of the removals company. Genuine removals companies use actual photographs of their own people and their fleet of vehicles. Fake removals brands use stock photos copied from online image databases.
How to spot the safest removals company for your move to Germany?
The safest removals company for your move to Germany is the one that will collect your goods and deliver them straight to your new address. It’s less safe to use the removals company that aggregates cargo by storing the goods in warehouses and transferring them from one vehicle to another. The more complex the logistic operation is, the more likely your goods will be damaged. VanOne delivers straight from point A to point B in Europe.
Easy, Safe & Cheap removals to Germany:
What makes us special? You do. That’s why we strive to make your move pleasant and hassle free. We do this by sticking to our three core values, which are: making your move easy, safe and cheap. Easy, because our customer service team bends over backwards to ensure you are happy, safe, because our drivers do their best to look after your belongings, and cheap, because we give you the lowest price on the market for a move to Germany. So, if these values tick your boxes, click for a quote now.
Moving from Germany to the UK
Are you thinking of moving back to the UK? VanOne can help with your removals from mainland Europe to any British town or city. If you are starting your new life in the UK, or moving back after working away, our removals specialists will get your belongings to their new destination.
We also offer fast and efficient removals to the UK from Germany, at very affordable rates. Our prices are kept low because of our return-journey removals policy, which reduces our costs and lets us pass the savings on to you. So get a quote for your move by sending us a completed online request form now.
Any other questions?
Have we answered all your questions about our removals to Germany? If you still have questions, please visit our FAQ page. The answer is sure to be there. Put your trust in the VanOne removals team and let us take care of your move to Germany. We can offer cheap and reliable removals because we have a great team and our own fleet of quality vehicles. VanOne takes care of everything so you can concentrate on your move. We are a London based company and therefore we can move you to Germany from anywhere in the UK. Get in touch with us today so we can supply you with a free quote.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
The Black Forest is a beautiful, scenic area located in South-Western Germany. The area is abound…
The rate of joblessness in Germany is immensely high, the lingering unemployment…
Being in continental Europe means Weather in Germany is prone to experience a maritime climate. With the…
The best way to learn a new language is to immerse yourself in the society and…