Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Italy
Moving to Italy? Want a friendly and reliable removals to Italy without the high price tag? You’ve come to the right place. At VanOne we live and breathe our three core values:
- To provide exceptional service to our customers.
- To treat our customers’ belongings with as much care as if they were ours.
- And to give our customers the cheapest removals to Italy.
So click on the quote form and before you know it you’ll be eating pasta and watching the Italian opera in the comfort of your new home.
Moving from Italy to the UK is fast and easy when you book with VanOne because we also offer removals to the UK from Italy, at the same low cost.
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
For price I doubt that they will be beaten. Good service and everything was as it was promised.in the last week
Moved from Germany back to the UK. Very good value. Safe and secure transportation. Staff and driver very responsive...in the last week
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
273 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:It all begins when our friendly and experienced driver arrives at your doorstep. Trained in heavy lifting, he will help you carry all your treasured items out of the house and load them carefully into our state of the art van. Once everything is packed in, neatly and securely, it’s off to Italy we go!
We know we’re transporting your most valued belongings, so to put your mind at ease we’ll keep you updated throughout the whole trip, and we’ll even give you a courtesy call two hours before we arrive at the destination. This way you can get ready to unpack your TV and your favourite sofa.
Two hours after our call you’ll be greeted by the same cheerful driver, who’ll help you carry all your belongings into your new home. It really couldn’t be any simpler.
Documents you’ll need to move to Italy:
In this post-Brexit reality, all domestic removals between the UK and Italy are now performed under a Transfer of Residence procedure. In order to satisfy the requirements of this procedure, some extensive paperwork is necessary. In the worst case scenario, after failing to achieve the Transfer of Residence status, you would be charged the import VAT for your goods at the rate of 22% of their total value.
We will need the following documents in order to collect your goods:
- A copy of ID card or Passport.
- A certificate of residence issued by the local council in Italy to certify residency. Alternatively, suppose the Italian customs agent agrees, a copy of the application for a certificate of residence.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. 12 months of council tax bills or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use mod F-01 A form) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place and that you aim to remain an EU resident for at least one year.
- Completed and signed Italian government form 46DPR
- Signed declaration Libera Importazione Aggiornata
- A signed authorization for the customs clearance agent to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
You must print and sign all the documents and have them ready for the driver in a large envelope. Please also supply completed documents electronically via the customer portal for verification.
The documents above will have to be prepared and handed over before your the day of your move. Another form we will need is a CMR – but the driver will provide you with it on the day of collection.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Italy.
If you want to move from Italy to the UK, check our page for removals to the United Kingom.
How to prepare:
The British Army has an old saying: proper planning prevents poor performance. This applies to moving too. To keep your possessions as secure and as safe as possible during transit, we recommend you pack loose items in suitcases or boxes. Place padding on furniture, or cover it up.
If you require any packing materials, please check our online store. Here you can order protective blankets and heavy-duty shrink wrap.
How long does the removals to Italy take to complete?
The average drive from the UK to Italy is just 28 hours, so before you know it you’ll be relaxing in the comfort of your new home.
- When moving from Scotland or Wales, transit times can take up to 48 hours.
- If goods being transported are less than the maximum loading capacity of the vehicle (<15 cubic meters) it could take five days for delivery. For further details, click here.
How to get cheap removals to Italy from the UK:
When people are preparing for a move from the UK to Italy, they often turn to the search engines to find a cheap international removals deal. However, it is easy to fall into the trap of paying more for your removals, unless you know how to tell a middleman agency from a genuine removals brand. Here, VanOne tells you how to secure cheap removals to Italy.
- Price comparison sites and middleman services often rank more highly in Google and the other search engines. They may appear to offer the cheapest removals to Italy. However, these sites pass your lead onto a removals company, for a fee. The charge is often passed to the customer in the overall price you pay.
- cheapest removals can be found by contacting a genuine removals firm like VanOne directly. We offer great deals on house and flat removals to Italy.
How to avoid paying middleman fees for removals to Italy
If you can tell a genuine removals brand from a fake brand set up by a middleman agency, you can make sure you don’t pay too much for house removals to Italy. Some middleman services create fake brands and websites in order to generate leads, which are given to removals and shipping companies in exchange for commission fees. Here are some tips from VanOne which will help you determine whether a removals company is real.
- Visit the Companies House website and search for the company name. If an international removals brand is registered to operate from the UK, it is required to appear on this list. If you can’t find the brand name, it is safer – and cheaper – to choose another company.
- Look at the removals company’s website and pay attention to the images. A genuine brand will take the opportunity to show off photographs of its own vans and people. A fake brand is likely to use stock images sourced from libraries online.
Protect your possessions during your move to Italy
When you move to Italy from the UK, you need a reliable, safe removals company who will look after your possessions. A middleman service might pass your goods onto a shipping or haulage firm, or a low budget removals service. Your goods may travel through various locations and storage facilities before they arrive in Italy. Each time your belongings are loaded and unloaded, there is also an increased risk of loss or damage.
VanOne also offers international removals, but we travel directly from Point A to Point B. Your possessions are kept securely in our vans during the journey, and unloaded at your new address in Italy. For added peace of mind, we are protected by Goods in Transit insurance at all times. Put your trust in VanOne for your UK to Italy move – call now.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
What makes us special? For a start, we firmly believe you are special, so we hold to our three core values, all with the aim of making your move simple and smooth. These values are best defined as follows: giving you terrific customer service to make your move easy, treating your belongings with care so you have complete peace of mind, and offering you the cheapest price available on the market thus putting more money in your back pocket. Easy, safe, cheap. That’s us. Click for a quote now.
Removals from Italy to the UK by VanOne
If you are moving to the UK from Italy, VanOne is also here to help you. Our UK-based operation can move customers to and from mainland Europe. Whether you are moving to the UK for work, education or to start a new life, VanOne can collect your possessions and bring them over safely.
Our removals from Italy to the UK are part of our commitment to keeping costs low. Our removal vans never travel empty, as we offer our services both to and from the UK. This saves us money, and also you! You can see what the saving is when you request a quote online.
Any other questions about removals to Italy?
If you have questions that we haven’t answered here, please check out our FAQ page. We’re sure you’ll find the answers there. Contact us online because our handy quotation form takes just minutes to fill out. We will get back to you quickly. You can also contact VanOne by email if you do have any questions the FAQ cannot answer. The helpful and friendly VanOne team will always do their best to provide an answer.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
Sanremo is situated in Italy and it is famously referred to as the City of…
Pensions are often associated with retirements and old age citizens, in essence a pension can be…
Mount Etna is famed for being Europe’s tallest at 10,922 feet high at its summit; it…
If you are moving or relocating to Italy, it is important to know about…