Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Luxembourg
So you’re making the big move to Luxembourg? You’re going to need a removal company that’s been there before. That’s us. But we’re more than just your standard mover offering removals to Luxembourg. You only need to look at our three principles to see this. They are:
- To deliver a terrific customer service experience.
- To treat all your belongings with complete care – just as if they were our own.
- And to offer the cheapest prices for moves to Europe.
So click on the quote form and before you know it you’ll be eating Luxembourg Grill-Sausage and drinking a toast to the Grand Duke in the comfort of your new home.
Looking for Luxembourg to UK removals? Our each-way removals services transports goods between the UK and mainland Europe. Fill out our quote request form and book your upcoming move to the UK from Luxembourg.
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
The price VanOne offers is very attractive. The driver was professional and arrived on time for both the loading and...2 months ago
My removal was from London to Lyon. I had a rather good experience with this company. They were good at communication...a week ago
I booked with VanOne because their website is relatively much more informative than websites of other companies. All...a week ago
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
230 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:Our driver will arrive at your door with a smile on his face, and you’ll discover that not only is he an expert at what he does, he is friendly too. Being trained in heavy lifting, he will help you carry all your possessions to our state of the art van before making sure they’re all neatly secured inside. Then, it’s off to Luxembourg!
We understand you’ll be concerned about your belongings. Don’t worry – we’ll contact you regularly during the journey and phone you when we’re two hours away, confirming our expected arrival time. The same friendly driver who helped to pack your belongings will be at your new home two hours later, helping you to unpack them again and carry them inside. Sounds simple? It is!
Documents you’ll need to move to Luxembourg:
Following Brexit we can no longer offer paperwork-free removals from the UK to Luxembourg. We will still help you to conform to the official requirements for residential moves between the UK and EU, and move your goods swiftly and securely to your new home. The numerous documents you’re requested to provide serve the purpose of convincing the customs authority in Luxembourg that your move is eligible for a Transfer of Residence status. After Brexit, moving your items without such status can cause regular import VAT to be charged at the rate of 17% of the item’s value.
We will only be able to collect your goods, if we receive the following documents prior to the removal:
- Identity card or Passport copy.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A document confirming that you are an EU resident or intending to become one, for example: if you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID and a utility bill with the address; or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract; or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. 12 months of council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
On the day of your move we will give you a CMR form (a cargo movement form) to fill out.
Good news! Until 17th December 2021, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A certificate from the local council in Luxembourg to certify residency.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in Luxembourg to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Luxembourg.
How to prepare:
There’s a British Army catchphrase that’s just as appropriate for people moving home as it is for soldiers! “Proper planning prevents poor performance.” So to keep your belongings safe and secure, remember to place loose items in suitcases or boxes and to cover or place padding on furniture.
If you’d like to order packing materials for your move, feel free to visit out our online store, where you’ll find heavy-duty shrink wrap and protective blankets at great prices.
How long does the removals to Luxembourg take?
It takes 16 hours on average to drive to Luxembourg from the UK. So not long at all. Our driver will simply load all your belongings into the van and head straight for your new house – and you’ll be drinking coffee from your favourite mug again in no time.
- If moving from Wales or Scotland transit times will be longer (up to 36 hours).
- Orders less than the full capacity of the removal van (<15 cubic meters) can take longer to deliver (up to 5 days). Click here for more details.
How to get cheap removals to Luxembourg from the UK:
When you plan to move from the UK to Luxembourg, you need an international removals service that can move your belongings safely and cheaply. Many people start their search for a cheap deal online, using Google or another search engine. However, these people could fall into the trap of booking their house removals to Luxembourg through a middleman agency, which can be less safe and more expensive.
- Middleman services and price comparison sites pass your lead onto the removals companies, but they charge commission which is usually passed onto the customer through a higher removals quote.
- Avoid the expense and get a genuinely cheap removals deal when you contact a genuine removals company like VanOne directly, or request an instant quote online.
Avoiding the middleman fees for a cheap move to Luxembourg
You can find the genuine international removals companies and avoid the fake brands with these helpful tips from VanOne. We make sure that your house removals UK to Luxembourg are carried out for an affordable low price, with no hidden fees.
- Look for the removals company on the Companies House register before signing up for their services. Companies that operate in the UK should appear on this list. Fake brands are often created by the middleman services as lead generation tools, so they will not be listed.
- Check the website of the removals company. Authentic removals companies who can complete your move to Luxembourg will usually show images of their own vehicles and staff on their site. Fake companies tend to use stock images from the Internet instead.
A safer way to complete your Luxembourg move
When you choose a middleman agency instead of a reputable removals firm, you could be putting your possessions at risk. Cheap online deals often use shipping and logistics firms to complete your house or flat removals to Luxembourg, so your goods may be loaded and unloaded several times before they reach their destination. This greatly increases the chance of something being lost or damaged. When you trust VanOne with your UK to Luxembourg move, you can be sure your possessions will travel straight to their destination.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
Why are we special? Because we firmly believe you are. That’s why we hold true to our three core values, ensuring that your move is as pleasant and smooth as it can be. Let us remind you of our values and of what they mean to you. Firstly, we aim to provide excellent service that makes your move as easy as possible. Our second value is to treat your belongings with as much care as if they were our own to ensure your move is as stress free as possible. Our third value is to give you the very lowest prices – does the benefit of this one really need explaining? So what are you waiting for? Click for a quote.
Removals to the UK from Luxembourg
If you are planning to move to the UK from Luxembourg, VanOne can help. Our low-cost removals are so cheap because we make every trip count. This includes filling our removals vans in both directions so our overheads are kept low. We can pass these savings onto our customers!
When you are starting a new life in the UK by moving from Luxembourg, we aim to make the transition as smooth and seamless as possible. For more information about your move to the UK from Luxembourg, including a no-obligation quote, fill out VanOne’s contact form now.
Any other questions about removals to Luxembourg?
If you have questions that we haven’t answered here, please check out our FAQ page. We’re sure you’ll find the answers there. You can also use our online form to request a free quote. Trust VanOne with your removals to Luxembourg because we are a skilled and experienced team of movers. We guarantee great service and low rates.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
So you’re moving to Germany? We can help. At VanOne we not only..
Looking for a friendly and reliable removal service, as well as cheap..
Starting off living in Luxembourg usually consists off buying a house and finding a…
Language in Luxembourg Luxembourgish, the national language, is similar to German. German is…