Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Holland
If you’re like most of our customers that look for removals to Holland, you want to get the cheapest possible removal price, but don’t want to sacrifice reliability or security. We’ve got you covered. At VanOne our three core values are,
- To provide fantastic service to our customers.
- To take the utmost care when moving their belongings.
- To give them the cheapest price for a removal to Holland.
So click on the quote form and before you know it you’ll be riding your bicycle home carrying a bouquet of tulips.
Moving to the UK from Holland is also an option, with VanOne's reverse journey removals. Request a quote for your move now!
I had chosen Vanone Service before as well. If you want a move without any hassle, choosing their service would be the...a week ago
I can only recommend VanOne as your international movers. Not only they are the cheapest, but they are also really...in the last week
I am so happy with the service. They were professional, on time and the driver was great. Customer service are very...a month ago
I would recommend using the VanOne service for delivery purposes. They give quick service and the staff is very...a month ago
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
252 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:It begins when our driver arrives on your doorstep with a smile, and a pair of willing hands, to help you carry your belongings. He’ll be experienced and trained in heavy lifting, and will make sure your items are loaded carefully into the van and secured safely. When everything is neatly packed, it’s next stop Holland!
Of course you’ll want to know your belongings are safe, so we will keep you updated throughout our journey. Two hours from your door, we’ll let you know our estimated arrival time; two hours later, the same driver who helped you load your belongings will be on your doorstep. He will help you unload your belongings and carry them into your new home. Sounds easy? It is!
Documents you’ll need to move to the Netherlands:
Moving to the Netherlands after Brexit is a process riddled with bureaucracy. Although our mission is to simplify this process as much as possible, post-Brexit regulations mean that not everyone will qualify for a removal out of the UK. All of the residential moves after Britain’s departure from the European Union happen with a Transfer of Residence status. Deciding whether a relocation qualifies as a Transfer of Residence falls under the purview of the customs authority. Failing to achieve this status can incur import VAT at a rate of 21% of the total value of goods.
Before your removal can commence, we will need the following documents:
- A copy of ID card or Passport.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A document confirming that you are an EU resident or intending to become one, for example: if you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID and a utility bill with the address; or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract; or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- A UK certificate of residence. or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. 12 months of council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
On the day of collection, our driver will hand you the last of the required documents – a CMR form.
Good news! Until 13th June 2022, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A certificate from the local council in the Netherlands to certify residency.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in the Netherlands to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in the Netherlands.
You can also visit this government resource for more information about bringing personal effects to the Netherlands.
How to prepare:
The British Army has an old saying: proper planning prevents poor performance. This applies to moving too. To keep your possessions as secure and as safe as possible during transit, we recommend you pack loose items in suitcases or boxes. Place padding on furniture, or cover it up.
For great prices on packing materials such as protective blankets and heavy-duty shrink wrap, just visit our online store.
How long do the removals to Holland take?
It’s super quick. Our driver heads directly to your destination. The average trip from the UK to Holland is half a day, so it won’t be long before you’re relaxing in the comfort of your new Dutch home.
- When moving from Scotland or Wales, transit times can take up to 36 hours.
- If goods being transported are less than the maximum loading capacity of the vehicle (<15 cubic meters) it could take five days for delivery. For further details, click here.
How to get the cheapest removals to Holland from the UK:
People moving to Holland often try the search engines in the hope of finding the cheapest international removals. If you are looking for cheap removals to Holland, VanOne has some important advice for you which will help you you secure that great deal, and make your move to Holland more affordable.
- When you search for cheap removals to Holland, watch out for the middleman and price comparison sites. These often rank higher than individual companies, but they also cost more. They charge a commission which is passed on to you through the third party moving company, so that cheap deal might not be as good as you first thought.
- Contacting a genuine removals company, such as VanOne, is a great way to guarantee that your house removals to Holland are priced fairly. There are no hidden fees or charges when you contact an international removals company directly.
Cut out the middleman for a cheaper move to Holland
If you can spot the real removals companies from the fake brands, you have a far better chance of a cheap deal on house and flat removals to Holland. Here are some tips to help you sort the middleman sites from the genuine companies.
- Is the business name listed in the Companies House register? An authentic UK based international removals company should always be registered here. If the brand cannot be found, there is a good chance the company does not actually exist.
- Are the images on the website real, or have they come from a stock photo library – or Google Images? Real removals brands like VanOne always use pictures of their own staff and vehicles, so the website will have a genuine look and feel to it.
A safer way to move from the UK to Holland
It could be significantly more expensive to move from the UK to Holland if you use a middleman service. It could also be less safe. Companies like VanOne are dedicated removals specialists which transport your goods directly from Point A to Point B. There is very little risk to your treasured possessions in this instance.
The middleman services often refer customers to large shipping and haulage companies, where goods are frequently unloaded, stored and reloaded. The chance of loss or damage is high. Avoid the risk and use a trusted international removals team for your move to Holland: call VanOne.
Moving to the UK from Holland
Preparing to move back to the UK? Looking to start a new life in a British town or city? If you are planning a move from the Netherlands into the UK, VanOne can make it happen. We offer affordable removals between the United Kingdom and the European mainland.
Get an online quote now so we can book in your move. Our services are in high demand, so secure your removal van at a great price now. There is no team better at removals from Holland to the UK. Put your trust in the experts and make sure your move runs smoothly.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
Why choose us? Firstly, because we believe you are special, and secondly, because we have three core values and stick to them firmly. What these values mean for you are: an easy and carefree move, a safe and secure move, and a cheap move. Easy, safe and cheap. This is the foundation of our company and it’s why we’re sure you’ll soon join the ranks of our thousands of happy customers. Click for a quote now.
Any other questions?
Is there something you are still unsure about? Please visit our FAQ page, where we’re sure you will find the answer. When it comes to removals to Holland, we are the team to call. Our friendly and helpful team can provide you with a free quote so get in touch with us today. We can also answer any questions you may still have – just drop us an email.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
Language Dutch, the official language, is spoken by around 90% of the population. Around 453,000 people, or 2.2%…
Social Insurance and Medical Care Medical care in The Netherlands is funded by the Dutch…
Driving Driving in The Netherlands is one of the easiest ways of transport. The country…
It is of course very interesting to take a look at someone’s social life to see…