Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Ireland
At VanOne, we offer the cheapest removal price from the UK to Ireland. But we realise it’s not just about price. It’s about peace of mind and simplicity too. So when you use us to move your treasured belongings,
- We will take as much care with them as as if they were our own.
- We will also provide you with exceptional customer service, because we want to ensure your move is pleasant and hassle free.
So click on the quote form and before you know it you’ll be drinking your third Guinness as you watch Riverdance in the comfort of your new home.
Moving to the UK from Ireland? VanOne can take your possessions over the Irish Sea and deliver them to your new UK home.
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
If you are moving to Austria like me and looking for a good removals company, choose VanOne. Booking was easy,...3 weeks ago
I can only highly recommend VanOne, they offer a very good service at a reasonable price and the driver was very...2 months ago
A very professional and friendly service from start to finish. We will recommend VanOne to anyone looking to do a...a month ago
Well organised and good website to arrange moving our things from the UK to Italy. Well priced.a month ago
Aggregate Rating 4.4 / 5
217 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:As soon as our driver arrives at your home, you’ll discover he is friendly and experienced. He’s also trained in heavy lifting, so he’s the ideal person to help you carry your possessions to our state of the art van, and to secure them safely inside. Once he’s packed everything, he’ll set off for Ireland!
Of course you’ll want to know your possessions are safe, so we’ll keep you informed of our progress throughout our journey. Two hours from your door, we’ll call to confirm the estimated arrival time. Two hours later, the same driver who helped you load your belongings will arrive, ready to help you unload them again and carry them into your new home. Sounds easy, doesn’t it? That’s because it is!
What documents do you need to move to Ireland?
In terms of paperwork, removing from the UK to Ireland after Brexit is slightly more complicated than it used to be. Be not afraid, though – your friendly European removalist is here to help. We’ve assembled the list of essential paperwork necessary for the post-Brexit removals, according to the requirements of customs authorities in Ireland. The customs officers will need those documents to grant you the status of “Transfer of Residence”. Failing to attain such status can cause the import VAT (23% of the total value of goods) to be charged.
We will only collect your belongings as Transfer of Residence if the following paperwork is complete:
- Completed Irish ToR relief form.
- Identity card or Passport copy.
- A detailed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- Scanned proof of your address in Ireland, such as a tenancy agreement or Deimhniú cónaithe (certificate of residence) – if you do not have an address in Ireland, you’ll need to provide a statement from the person you’ll be living with, that is signed by local An Garda Síochána Station (police) and scanned proof of their address.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK for at least 12 months (e.g. Council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A document certifying cessation of living arrangements in the UK. For example a letter from the former landlord or a deed of sale.
- A document certifying cessation of employment in the UK. For example a p45 form or a letter from the former employer.
- An employment contract or a letter from the new employer in Ireland.
On the day of your move our driver will also give you a CMR form to fill out.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Ireland.
You can also visit this government resource for more information about bringing personal effects to Ireland.
How to prepare:
There’s a famous saying: To be prepared is half the victory. The same is true is when planning for removals to Ireland. To make sure your possessions are as secure as possible during transit, we recommend you pack loose items in suitcases or boxes, and cover up or place padding on furniture.
If you require packing materials, just pay a visit to our online store where you can order protective blankets and heavy-duty shrink wrap.
How long does the journey to Ireland take?
It’s incredibly quick. Once everything is packed, the driver heads straight for Ireland. The journey takes just half a day, so you’ll be sitting back on that comfortable armchair with a mug of hot chocolate in hand in no time. We make sure removals to Ireland run smoothly and simply.
- If you are moving from Wales or Scotland, the journey could take up to 26 hours.
- When a removal vehicle is not loaded to full capacity (<15 cubic meters), it can take up to five days for delivery. Please click here for details.
How to get cheap removals UK to Ireland:
When preparing to move from the UK to Ireland, many people turn to the Internet in the hope of securing the cheapest removals deal. However, it is important to know a few things about the international removals market before you make a decision – otherwise your move to Ireland could end up costing you more, not less!
- The highest ranking results in Google are often the price comparison sites and middleman services, which refer customers onto removals companies. These services charge commission fees to the removals company – which will be passed on to you for your move.
- The cheapest removals are found by contacting genuine international removals companies like VanOne directly, as there are no hidden fees or charges.
Avoid middleman costs when arranging removals to Ireland
If you can spot the genuine removals companies from the middleman services, you can secure a great deal without paying extra for the referral. Follow VanOne’s advice and learn to tell the fake brands from the real businesses.
- A genuine removals brand operating from the UK to Ireland should appear on the Companies House register. Middleman sites use fake company names to create leads, which they pass to other companies. Search the database to find the company name.
- Check the removals company’s website. Authentic removals brands such as VanOne use real images of their staff and vehicles to advertise their services. On the other hand, a fake brand will usually use stock images sourced from libraries online.
Move safely with a genuine removals team
Middleman referrals can often be extremely risky. Your goods may be passed through a number of different locations and storage depots before they reach your new home in Ireland. When VanOne carries out house removals to Ireland, we always travel directly from Point A to Point B. This reduces the risk of loss or damage. This is so you can be sure your possessions will get back to you safely. For more information and to get your free quote – with no hidden service charges – call VanOne today.
Easy, Safe & Cheap removals to Ireland:
What makes us special? For a start, we firmly believe you are special, so we hold to our three core values, all with the aim of making your removals to Ireland simple and smooth. These values are best defined as follows: giving you terrific customer service to make your move easy, treating your belongings with care so you have complete peace of mind, and offering you the cheapest price available on the market, therefore putting more money in your back pocket. Easy, safe, cheap. That’s us. Click for a quote now.
Ireland to UK removal service
VanOne facilitates removals both ways, so we can also take you from Ireland to the UK. With our fast and efficient moving service, we collect your goods and transport them safely. You can move from anywhere in the Republic of Ireland to any UK town or city, when you engage the services of the VanOne team. We undertake reverse journey removals to ensure our vans never travel empty because this keeps our costs down. With the savings we make, we can offer low cost removals. You always get the best possible price for your move from Ireland to the UK: that is VanOne’s promise to you.
Any other questions?
If you have any further questions about our removals to Ireland, please check our FAQ page. You’re sure to find the answers there. VanOne is proud to offer a fast, cheap, safe and reliable moving service between the UK and Ireland. You can get a free quote and also book your move when you contact VanOne online. Get in touch right away to secure the best possible deal for your upcoming move.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
Cost of Living in Ireland It shouldn’t be surprising that living in Ireland is considerably less costly…
Public Transportation in Ireland Ireland has three major airports, Dublin, Shannon and Cork, and a number of…
Language Thankfully you won’t need to learn a new language to have a social life in…
UK Pensions in Ireland Using the public health care in Ireland while having public insurance in…