Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Latvia
So you’re moving to Latvia? We can help.
- At VanOne we not only offer the cheapest removals to Latvia, we will also deliver top-notch customer service.
- And take the utmost care with your treasured items. It’s part of our three core values after all.
So click on the quote form and before you know it you’ll be eating Rupjmaize (dark bread) and watching a Latvian Ice Hockey match in the comfort of your new home.
Moving to the UK from Latvia? VanOne's professional moving service can make it happen. Use our form to get a removals quote now!
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
For price I doubt that they will be beaten. Good service and everything was as it was promised.in the last week
Moved from Germany back to the UK. Very good value. Safe and secure transportation. Staff and driver very responsive...in the last week
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
273 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:It starts when our friendly, experienced driver knocks on your door; ready to help you carry your belongings to our state of the art van. Being trained in heavy lifting, he will ensure your items are loaded and secured carefully. Once everything is neatly packed, it’s destination Latvia!
Of course you’ll want to know your possessions are safe, so we’ll keep you informed of our progress throughout our journey. Two hours from your door, we’ll call to confirm the estimated arrival time. Two hours later, the same driver who helped you load your belongings will arrive, ready to help you unload them again and carry them into your new home. Sounds easy, doesn’t it? That’s because it is!
Documents you’ll need:
Moving to Latvia from the UK is not as straightforward an experience as it used to be before Brexit. Nowadays, all relocations need extensive paperwork in order to prove to the customs authority that the removal qualifies for the Transfer of Residence status – and therefore is eligible for import VAT exemption. Otherwise, a fee of up to 21% of the total value of imported goods can be incurred.
To collect your goods as Transfer of Residence we will need the listed documents:
- A copy of ID card or Passport.
- A certificate from the local council in Latvia to certify residency. Alternatively, suppose the EU customs agent agrees, it might be enough for you to supply a document confirming that you are an EU resident or intend to become one, for example:
- If you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID and a utility bill with the address
- Or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract.
- Or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. 12 months of council tax bills or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place and that you aim to remain an EU resident for at least one year.
- A signed authorization for the customs clearance agent to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
You must print and sign all the documents and have them ready for the driver in a large envelope. Please also supply completed documents electronically via the customer portal for verification.
On the day of your move you will also be provided a cargo movement form (CMR) by the driver.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Latvia.
How to prepare:
There’s a British Army saying that should be taken to heart by anyone moving house: Proper planning prevents poor performance. To keep your belongings safe and secure, remember to:
- Cover or place padding on furniture.
- Place your loose items in boxes or suitcases.
If you require packing materials, just pay a visit to our online store where you can order protective blankets and heavy-duty shrink wrap.
How long does the journey to Latvia take?
The average trip from the UK to Latvia is just 48 hours, so it’s very quick. The driver will simply load the van and head straight for the destination, so it’ll be no time before you’re sitting in that old armchair of yours again drinking a cup of tea.
- Please be advised, moves from Scotland or Wales may take longer.
- Orders that are smaller than the loading capacity of the removal van (<15 cubic meters) can take up to 5 days to deliver. For more details please click here.
Get the cheapest deal for UK to Latvia removals
When moving from the UK to Latvia, you want a cheap removals deal. Many people turn to the search engines to find the best deals. If you are looking for cheap Latvia removals options online, here are some things you should know before you start.
- The top results on Google are often the price comparison sites and middleman agencies: not genuine removals brands.
- Middleman services often charge additional fees for passing your details onto a removals firm: so you pay more for your move.
- You can avoid these fees by speaking directly with a real UK based removals company like VanOne. We will carry out your move to Latvia.
Avoiding the middleman fees for a cheap move to Latvia
A cheaper way to move from the UK to Latvia is to contact an international removals firm directly. VanOne has our own staff and our own vehicles, so we can facilitate your move. Here is how you can spot a genuine removals company, and avoid paying extra in middleman fees.
- Check the company name through the Companies House database. All companies registered in the UK are listed here. Fake removals brands are used by lead generation companies to build and sell customer referrals – which pushes up the price you pay for Latvia removals. These brands will not appear in the company register.
- Look at the company’s website to determine whether the images are real, or are stock photographs sourced from an online directory. Genuine removals brands like VanOne use images of their actual vehicles and staff to advertise their services.
How to make your UK to Latvia move safer
Another drawback of using middleman companies is the risk to your goods. Goods may be shipped through logistics and haulage services, rather than dedicated removals companies. There may be frequent loading and unloading, and the need for storage at various locations. All of this increases the chance that your goods will be damaged.
VanOne always transports your belongings directly from point A in the UK to point B in Latvia, so you know your goods are being looked after. For flat removals to Latvia and house removals to Latvia by a company you can trust, call VanOne today.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
What makes us special? You do. That’s why we strive to make your move as pleasant and hassle free as we can. We do this by abiding by our three core values. They are: making your removals to Latvia easy, safe and cheap. Easy, because our customer service reps bend over backwards to ensure you’re happy, safe, because our drivers do their best to look after your belongings, and cheap, because we give you the lowest quote on the market for a move to Latvia. So, if these values tick your boxes, click for a quote.
Moving from Latvia to the UK
Making the big move from Latvia to the UK? VanOne is the company that can make it happen. Our friendly, skilled movers can head to any major town or city in Latvia, and move your belongings to your new home in the UK. Whether you are moving for work or starting a new life in Britain, we offer the fast, efficient removals from Latvia to the UK.
Take a look at our blog for more information about life in the UK, and what to expect when you move. The transition from mainland Europe to the UK can be simple and fun, especially when you choose a trusted removals company to facilitate that move.
Any other questions?
Something you are still unsure about? Please visit our FAQ page, where we’re sure you will find the answer. You can also get in touch by emailing the VanOne team. We are your local specialists for removals to Latvia and we are here to help make your move easier.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
So you’re moving to Germany? We can help. At VanOne we not only..
Looking for a friendly and reliable removal service, as well as cheap..
As a British person relocating you might notice that the cost of living in…
Public Transportation in Latvia Latvia has a good, reasonably priced, rail service. There is…