Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Malta
Want a removal service that’s reliable without the high cost? Welcome to VanOne! Here at VanOne Ltd we’re passionate about our three core principles:
- Treating our customers’ belongings with as much care as if they were ours.
- Providing exceptional customer service.
- And giving our customers the cheapest prices for removals to Malta.
So click on the quote form, and before you realise it, you’ll be eating Bragioli and listening to Ghana (Maltese folk music) in the comfort of your new home.
Looking for removals to the UK from Malta? VanOne also offers Malta to UK removals, with the same great service and pocket-friendly price.
I had chosen Vanone Service before as well. If you want a move without any hassle, choosing their service would be the...a week ago
I can only recommend VanOne as your international movers. Not only they are the cheapest, but they are also really...in the last week
I am so happy with the service. They were professional, on time and the driver was great. Customer service are very...a month ago
I would recommend using the VanOne service for delivery purposes. They give quick service and the staff is very...a month ago
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
252 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your removals to Malta with us:It all starts when our experienced and cheerful driver first knocks on your door. Skilled in heavy lifting, he will help bring all your treasured items out of your home and load them with care into our state of the art van. Once everything’s loaded and all checks are complete, it’s off to Malta we go!
For your peace of mind, we’ll keep you updated throughout the journey. This is so that you know your treasured items are safe. Two hours from the destination, we will also call to confirm our arrival time.
Two hours later, the same friendly driver will be at your door, ready to help you carry your belongings into your new house. It couldn’t be simpler.
Documents you’ll need to move to Malta:
Removals to Malta after Brexit require significantly more paperwork than before. This is due to the fact that all residential moves happen under the Transfer of Residence procedure. The customs authorities in Malta will require some documents in order to grant your removal the Transfer of Residence status, which includes exemption from import VAT. Otherwise, the transit of goods would be classed as a regular import and as such be subject to a tax of up to 18% of the total value of the goods. We will gladly carry your belongings all the way to Malta, and have done our best in completing a list of the basic required paperwork below, however all of the documents and forms will have to be gathered and filled in by you.
We will only be able to collect your goods after receiving the following documents:
- A copy of ID or Passport.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A document confirming that you are an EU resident or intending to become one, for example: if you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID and a utility bill with the address; or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract; or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. Council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
You will also need to fill out the CMR form but this one you’ll receive from our driver on the day of your move.
Good news! Until 13th July 2022, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A Certificate of Registration from the Office of the Commissioner for Revenue in Malta to certify your residency.
- The National Statistics form for people moving their domicile to Malta.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in Malta to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Malta.
You can also visit this government resource for more information about bringing personal effects to Malta.
How to prepare:
The British Army has an old saying: proper planning prevents poor performance. This applies to removals to Malta too. To keep your possessions as secure and as safe as possible during transit, we recommend you pack loose items in suitcases or boxes. Place padding on furniture, or cover it up.
For great prices on packing materials, head over to our online store where you’ll find heavy-duty shrink wrap and protective blankets.
How long does the removals to Malta take?
It’s super quick. Our driver heads directly to your destination. The average trip from the UK to Malta is 96 hours, so it won’t be long before you’re relaxing in the comfort of your new Maltese home.
- If you are moving from Wales or Scotland, the journey could take longer.
- When a removal vehicle is not loaded to full capacity (<15 cubic meters), it can take up to five days for delivery. Please click here for details.
How to get cheaper removals to Malta from the UK:
Moving to a new country can be expensive, so you want to secure the best deal on removals to keep costs down. Many people who are moving from the UK to Malta will search online for cheap removals, and often they will select the highest ranked links to book their move. However, this can be expensive. The removals market online is filled with price comparison sites and middleman services, who often rank higher than genuine removals companies. These middleman sites seem to offer good deals but they often charge hidden fees in the form of commission, which is added to the price of your move at the end.
To get the cheapest removals to Malta, you actually need to contact a removals company like VanOne directly. With no middleman to pay, VanOne can quote for the job without adding extra charges – and we offer very competitive, extremely low rates!
Learn to spot the middleman sites and avoid the fees
If you can tell the genuine removals companies from the fake brands designed to generate leads, then you can secure cheap removals to Malta for yourself. Here are some tips from VanOne that can help you determine if a company is authentic.
- Use the search facility at Companies House to find the brand name. Companies which operate in or from the UK are required to be registered here. You can find further details about the company, such as contact names and accounts history.
- Look at the company’s website, especially the pictures. Real international removals businesses are proud to show photographs of their own vehicles, staff and premises. A fake brand usually uses standard library photos taken from the Internet.
A safer method for moving to Malta
Middleman companies refer your job on to third party movers, who may not be as reliable and reputable as you would like. Often, goods are transported through cheap but complicated logistics processes. Your possessions might visit several different warehouses and depots before finally arriving in Malta. All that loading and unloading increases the chance of something going wrong.
VanOne is a dedicated international removals specialist. We travel directly from your old UK property to your new home in Malta, minimising the risk of loss or damage. Your items will travel in secure, appropriate vehicles. At all times, your property will be in the care of a trusted member of our European removals team.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
Why are we special? Because we firmly believe you are. That’s why we hold true to our three core values, ensuring that your move is as pleasant and smooth as it can be. Let us remind you of our values and also of what they mean to you. Our first value is to provide excellent service. This makes your move as easy as possible. Our second value is to treat your belongings with as much care as if they were our own. This ensures your move is as stress free as possible. Our third value is to give you the very lowest prices. This is so that you can keep more of your hard earned money. So what are you waiting for? Click for a quote.
Moving from Malta to the UK
Are you moving to the UK from Malta for work purposes? Or perhaps you are heading to Britain to start a new life. Whatever your reasons for making such a big move, VanOne is here to help. Choosing our removals from Malta to the UK means you can relax and enjoy the adventure. As well as our great UK to Europe moving services, we also facilitate moves in the other direction. Let our team get you from Malta to your UK destination!
This reverse journey service means our vans never have to travel empty. We can greatly reduce our costs this way. Those savings are passed to you! VanOne is the affordable way to move from Malta to the UK. We guarantee a fast, friendly service and safe delivery of your belongings, every time!
Any other questions?
Still have some questions? Check out our FAQ page. We’re certain you’ll find the answers there.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
Driving A taxi driver once explained Maltese driving in a nutshell to me. He said, “The English…
Medical Care and Social Insurance In Malta you need not register with a doctor or dentist. You…
No matter if you consider visiting Malta on vacation, moving there for a season or permanently…
The Language of Malta Many Maltese also speak Italian but the national language is Maltese, which…