Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Hungary
Looking for a friendly and reliable removal service, as well as a cheap price for your removals to Hungary? Then read on. At VanOne we’re committed to delivering superb customer service,
- Treating the belongings of our customers with as much care as if they were ours.
- And offering the cheapest removal prices in Europe.
So click for a quote and you’ll soon be sitting in the comfort of your new home eating Goulash after your trip to the spa.
Removals from Hungary to UK are also available with the VanOne team. Get your quote now with our handy online form.
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
The only reason I give them 4 stars is because of the driver who was super helpful and polite. He was professional and...a month ago
They transported my belongings from Rome to Edinburgh. It was super easy to book the service online, honest price and...4 months ago
Outstanding service at a great price. They were on time and delivered the service they promised plus went the extra...4 months ago
Easy to book the removal from France back to our storage lockup in the UK, good communication from Danielle in...4 months ago
Aggregate Rating 4.4 / 5
207 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:
The journey starts as soon as our experienced, friendly driver arrives. He will help you carry your belongings to our state of the art van. Trained in heavy lifting, he will treat your belongings with care and pack them securely. Then it’s off to Hungary! Of course you’ll want to know your belongings are safe, so we will keep you updated throughout our journey. Two hours from your door, we’ll let you know our estimated arrival time; two hours later, the same driver who helped you load your belongings will be on your doorstep. He will help you unload your belongings and carry them into your new home. Sounds easy? It is!
Documents you’ll need to move to Hungary:
After Brexit, removals to Hungary from the UK are subject to certain bureaucracy processes. There are official requirements placed on all residential moves, and the only alternative to complying with those requirements is sending your belongings as regular export/import and paying import VAT at the rate of 27% of the total value of goods. To achieve the Transfer of Residence status and tax exemption, the customs authorities in Hungary will need the documents listed below. Keep in mind that requirements for removals after Brexit are still in flux and we will do our best to update this page, but the best source of up-to-date requirements for post-Brexit related paperwork is the Customer Portal.
We can only proceed with your removal after you’ve completed the following paperwork:
- Identity card or Passport copy.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A document confirming that you are an EU resident or intending to become one, for example: if you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID; or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract; or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence that you’ve lived in the UK for at least 12 months (e.g. Council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
We will also need a CMR form, but your driver will have it on the day of your move, you’ll just need to help fill it out.
Good news! Until 4th June 2021, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A certificate from the local council in Hungary to certify residency.
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in Hungary to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more you might want to contact your local customs office in Hungary.
How to prepare:
There’s a British Army catchphrase that’s just as appropriate for people moving home as it is for soldiers! “Proper planning prevents poor performance.” So to keep your belongings safe and secure, remember to place loose items in suitcases or boxes and to cover or place padding on furniture. For great prices on packing materials such as protective blankets and heavy-duty shrink wrap, just visit our online store.
How long does the journey to Hungary take?
It’s really quick actually. Once the driver has loaded all your belongings into the van, he will drive straight for your new home. The typical length journey from the UK to Hungary is just 48 hours, so you’ll be sitting on that comfy sofa again in no time.
- Please note that moves from Scotland or Wales can take longer.
- Orders smaller than the full loading capacity of the removal vehicle (<15 cubic meters) can take up to 5 days to deliver. For details please click here.
How to get cheap removals to Hungary from the UK:
When people are moving from UK to Hungary, they will turn to the search engines in the hope of finding a great removals deal. Cheap removals are not always what they seem, so beware. Many of the top search results actually come from price comparison websites, or middleman agencies. Their job is to create leads for removals firms – and they take a commission, which pushes up your fee!
However, you can avoid this additional cost by learning how to spot a genuine removals company for your house removals to Hungary. Check out this guide by VanOne removals and find cheap removals to Hungary from the UK.
Avoid the middleman fees when you move from UK to Hungary
You may be wondering how to avoid paying more than you need to for international removals. VanOne will help you spot a genuine removals company, so you can contact them directly and get a fair price for your move.
- Be sure to search the Companies House database. A genuine UK removals firm will be registered here. If you cannot find evidence that a brand is listed there, it is safer to avoid them and look for another service.
- A real removals company will use images of their own staff and vehicles, rather than stock images from Google or a photo library. Check for genuine sounding testimonials, staff bios, and other details. The VanOne website is a great example of what to look for.
Choosing a safe and trustworthy removals company for your Hungary move:
As well as the extra cost, using a middleman service can put your belongings at risk. It is far safer to use a real removals company such as VanOne. Agencies and large chains often treat removals like a shipping operation. Your possessions may be passed around several different locations and storage facilities – increasing the chance of damage or loss. VanOne will always take your goods from Point A to Point B, making your Hungary move cheaper, fuss free and simple. Put your trust in our removals team. For removals to Hungary, trust VanOne.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
We believe you are special; so we want your experience with us to be pleasant and hassle free. The best way to achieve this is by staying true to our three core values. Here are what they mean to you: our fantastically cheap prices mean you can spend the money you save on something you really want, the care we show to your belongings means you can rest assured they will arrive in the same shape they left, and our top notch customer service means you will find the whole process easy. So what more could you want? Some goulash, you say? We’ll see what we can do for you. Click for a quote now.
Moving to the UK from Hungary
VanOne is not just a one-way service. Our European customers can travel to the UK with our reverse removal journeys. Whether you are moving back to the UK after living and working in Hungary, or starting a new life with a Hungary to UK move, VanOne has you covered.
We also offer removals from Hungary to the UK, taking you from any Hungarian city to your new UK home. Make your move simple and stress free with a team you can trust – we are here to help. Arrange your move with our online quote form.
Any other questions about removals to Hungary?
If we haven’t answered all your questions, please visit our FAQ page. The answer is sure to be there. You could also contact the VanOne team if you need specialist information about removals to Hungary. We pride ourselves on having helpful, friendly staff who can quickly respond to your email. Request your free quotation online by completing our contact form, or drop us an email via the contact page.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
So you’re moving to Germany? We can help. At VanOne we not only..
Looking for a friendly and reliable removal service, as well as cheap..
Public Transportation in Hungary Public transport in Hungary is both efficient and not too…
Cost of Living in Hungary The cost of living in Hungary may vary. For instance…