Get an Instant Quote
Removals to Belgium
Want a removal service that’s reliable without the high cost? Welcome to VanOne! Here at VanOne we’re passionate about our three core principles:
- Treating our customers’ belongings with as much care as if they were ours.
- Providing exceptional customer service.
- And giving our customers the cheapest prices for removals to Belgium.
So click on the quote form, and before you realise it, you’ll be eating Belgian Waffles (or Brussels Sprouts if you’re on a diet) in the comfort of your new home.
Are you moving to the UK from Belgium? VanOne offers a reliable, fast and affordable removals service from Belgium to UK towns and cities.
Our drivers don't shake hands anymore
because of Coronavirus
but we continue to deliver removals
across the European Union.
The price VanOne offers is very attractive. The driver was professional and arrived on time for both the loading and...2 months ago
My removal was from London to Lyon. I had a rather good experience with this company. They were good at communication...a week ago
I booked with VanOne because their website is relatively much more informative than websites of other companies. All...a week ago
Aggregate Rating 4.3 / 5
230 Google Reviews
Check our comprehensive
to learn everything you'd like to know about
VanOne European Removals
Your journey with us:It all starts when our experienced and cheerful driver first knocks on your door. Skilled in heavy lifting, he will help bring all your treasured items out of your home and load them with care into our state of the art van. Once everything’s loaded and all checks are complete, it’s off to Belgium we go!
We know we’re transporting your most valued belongings, so to put your mind at ease we’ll keep you updated throughout the whole trip, and we’ll even give you a courtesy call two hours before we arrive at the destination. This way you can get ready to unpack your TV and your favourite sofa.
Two hours after our call you’ll be greeted by the same cheerful driver, who’ll help you carry all your belongings into your new home. It really couldn’t be any simpler.
Documents you’ll need to move to Belgium:
Following Brexit, we no longer offer “paperless” removals to Belgium. We still help you to comply with the required bureaucracy, and we carry your possessions safely from the United Kingdom to your new home in Belgium. However, the paperwork required is quite extensive, though its purpose is to convince the customs authority in the country of destination that your relocation is eligible for a Transfer of Residence status. Any items that are moved without such status would be charged import VAT at the rate of 21% of the item’s value.
We will only be able to collect your goods, if you supply us with the following documents:
- Identity card or Passport copy.
- A detailed, signed packing list with the value, size and weight of each listed item. Please fill in all fields provided in VanOne Insurance Form.
- A document confirming that you are an EU resident or intending to become one, for example: if you live with your family in the EU, please ask them to complete and sign this template and provide a copy of their personal ID and a utility bill with the address; or if you are employed in the EU, please provide your EU employment contract; or if you have living arrangements in the EU, please provide a utility bill with your name and address on it or your tenancy agreement, or the property ownership deed.
- A UK certificate of residence or other evidence you’ve lived in the UK at least for the last 12 months (e.g. 12 months of council tax bill or bank statements showing address).
- A self-certificate (please use this template) to inform the customs authorities that you’ve used the household objects at your usual residence in the UK for more than six months and that you won’t sell, rent or pledge them after receiving them in your new place.
The above documents are required prior to collecting your belongings. On the day of your move we will give you a CMR form (cargo movement) to fill out.
Good news! Until 17th December 2021, we temporarily suspended the requirement for all the below-listed documents:
- A certificate from the local council in Belgium to certify residency.
- A signed authorisation for the customs clearance agent in Belgium to act as your direct representative. A blank form will be supplied to you by VanOne after you confirm your booking.
If you want to speed up the process or find out more, you might want to contact your local customs office in Belgium.
You can also visit this government resource for more information about bringing personal effects to Belgium.
How to prepare for removals to Belgium:
There’s a famous saying in the British Army, “Proper planning prevents poor performance.” The same is true when moving home. To ensure your possessions are secure and safe in transit, we recommend you pack loose items in boxes or in suitcases, and that you cover up any furniture.
If you require any packing materials for your removals to Belgium, please check our online store where you can order protective blankets and heavy-duty shrink wrap.
How long does the journey to Belgium take?
It’s very quick. Once he’s packed everything in, our driver will head directly for your new home. The average journey from the UK to Belgium is about 24 hours, so you’ll be sitting on your favourite sofa with a cup of coffee in hand in no time.
- Please be advised, moves from Scotland or Wales may take up to 36 hours.
- Orders that are smaller than the loading capacity of the removal van (<15 cubic meters) can take up to 5 days to deliver. For more details please click here.
How to get cheap removals from UK to Belgium:
Moving from the UK to Belgium can be expensive unless you select the right international removals company. Many people search for cheap house removals to Belgium online, hoping to find the best deal. Here are some things you should know about this market before selecting a removals company for your move to Belgium.
- Not all removals brands in the search engines are genuine companies. The highest ranking sites are often price comparison websites and middleman services.
- Your house or flat removals to Belgium could cost far more due to extra fees and commission charges, caused by the use of a middleman service.
- Speaking directly to a genuine UK removals company like VanOne is the best way to guarantee that you get a good deal on your move to Belgium.
Make sure you avoid the middleman fees when you move to Belgium
If you can spot a genuine removals company like VanOne from a price comparison or middleman site, you are sure to get a better deal. Here are some thing to watch out for while you search for international moving companies online:
- A genuine UK based company is required by law to appear on the Companies House register. It is quick and easy to search for the removals company name through this service. If they are not registered, the chances are they are not a real removals brand.
- Look at the images on the company’s website. An authentic business is much more likely to have real pictures of its staff and vehicles; a fake brand will use stock photographs instead.
Find the safest removals option for your move to Belgium
As well as being more expensive to organise your move through a middleman service, it can also be less safe. Cheap removals done by referral only often pass through a number of different locations and depots, and may be frequently loaded and unloaded. This increases the chance of something being lost or damaged. VanOne always travels from your old house in the UK directly to your new home in Belgium, so the risk to your possessions is greatly reduced. Plus, for your peace of mind, we have full Goods in Transit insurance.
Easy, Safe & Cheap:
We wanted to remind you why we’re different to other removal services out there. It’s because we put you first. Our three core values attest to this – here is what they mean to you: our fantastic service means you’ll find it’s a breeze to move to Belgium with us, our commitment to caring for your belongings as if they were ours means they will be completely safe with us, and our very cheap prices mean you’ll have more money in your pocket to buy something you really want. So what are you waiting for? Click for a quote.
Moving to the UK from Belgium
VanOne offers a two-way removals service, meaning we can also move you from Belgium to the UK. Our vans cover most of mainland Europe, allowing us to serve customers on the continent as well as in Britain. If you are planning a move to the UK from any town or city in Belgium, you can request a quote from the VanOne team. Our professional movers will get your possessions safely to your new UK home.
Any other questions about removals to Belgium?
For any questions we haven’t answered, please visit our FAQ page. We’re certain you’ll find the answers there. You can also contact us online for free quotes and more information. VanOne specialises in European removals, including removals to Belgium. We transport your belongings quickly, safely and affordably.
Contribution by Michael Pawlicki
British Expats in Belgium – basic information about living in Belgium after you relocation When you move to live in…
How to get social insurance in Belgium after you move from the UK One of the very first things you…
Driving in Belgium – basic information for people who moved from UK to Belgium After you move to Belgium, you…
Life in the Biggest Belgium Cities after moving from UK Belgium is a small country, but do not let the…