VanOne is a trademark of VOGB Ltd, registered and used in the United Kingdom
healthcare in Bulgaria

Book cheap removals to Bulgaria

right here on this website.

Book cheap removals to Bulgaria

right here on this website.

Get quote & Book

Social and Health Care in Bulgaria


If you are a pensioner, you need to inform the IPC (International Pension Centre) to prevent problems with your pension payments (tel. 0191 218 7777). Bulgaria has double taxation agreements with the UK so you will not be taxed twice – provided you ensure that the tax offices are aware of your circumstances. You can arrange to have your pension paid directly into your Bulgarian bank account – and still benefit from the increases as if you still lived in Britain. Contact HMRC and your pension providers well before you leave the UK. This may also account for the expenses related with health care in Bulgaria. If you’ve only worked, lived or are working abroad then you must claim the State Pension through the relevant authority of the country where you currently live and have worked in.

Health Care in Bulgaria

It is mandatory to contribute to their National Health Insurance Fund. You need to get a National Health Insurance Card, which you must show your doctor at each visit. You will pay a proportion of the fee, the insurance the rest. You need to register with the health service at the local Revenue Agency. You will need to take:

Removals to Bulgaria

Health care in Bulgaria does vary – although the bigger towns are well provided, country areas may be more remote. Choosing where to go for treatment may involve long journeys to find the clinic best suited to your needs. The hospital notes may not follow you around as they do in the UK –


National Health Insurance Fund

1 Krichim Str.,
Sofia 1407
Tel: +359 0800 14 800

Social Security Check out the latest information before you leave Britain as things do change, and your personal circumstances are relevant. Certain benefits are transferable, and state health care may be paid for by the UK. If you receive a state pension or long-term incapacity benefit, you will need form S1. If you do not work and have no state benefits obtain form E106 which may entitle you to up to 2½ years’ state health care coverage, again paid for by the UK. You will need to contact the National Health Insurance Fund with copies of your S1/E106 and proof of identity.

Published By VanOne
Last updated on 12th August 2019

Related Posts

what is Builgaria like - Vacha River in southern Bulgaria. Vacha RiverWhat Does Bulgaria Look Like? A Hidden Gem in Europe

What Does Bulgaria Look Like? A Hidden Gem in Europe One of the oldest countries in Europe, nestled…

houses in a beautiful setting - expats living in bulgariaBritish Expats Living in Bulgaria: Hidden Gem You Were Looking For

British Expats Living in Bulgaria: Hidden Gem You Were Looking For Bulgaria hints at a bit of magic,…

Removals to BulgariaSocial Life in Bulgaria

Language If you really want to dive into the social life in Bulgaria…

Removals to BulgariaDriving in Bulgaria

Public transport in Bulgaria There are several alternative options to driving in Bulgaria available:…

Get an Instant Quote