VanOne is a trademark of VOGB Ltd, registered and used in the United Kingdom
Jobs and Pensions

Book cheap removals to Denmark

right here on this website.

Book cheap removals to Denmark

right here on this website.

Get quote & Book

Jobs and Pensions

Finding a Job in Denmark as a Foreigner

The European Free Movement of Workers agreement makes finding a job in Denmark as a foreigner much easier. Especially from legal point of view. It means that you can live and work in Denmark without a visa or work permit. Your ability to find a job depends upon your language skills. English is a bonus, but it helps to be fairly fluent in Danish. If you are moving for employment, the administrative details may be handled by the employer. It is wise to get a written contract if possible. A verbal contract gives little protection. Denmark has a number of schemes in place to help highly skilled foreigners live and work in the country.

The Positive List is a list of professions which are currently short of skilled people. You need a Bachelors degree. The Corporate Scheme enables people to work in the Danish office of a foreign company for a certain period of time. Due to the Green Card Scheme, highly skilled, qualified people are enabled to come to Denmark to find work. The Pay Limit Scheme makes it easier for people holding a job offer with a salary above a certain level to come to the country.

Self-employed people can apply to work in Denmark and set up an independent business. It is quick and easy to establish a new business here. A lot of the registration process can be done online and there is no requirement for notarised contracts. You can start operating very quickly. When you register a limited liability company you can do the paperwork in Danish, Swedish or Norwegian. Some can also be done in English. You will need your NemID. This is a digital signature used in Denmark to allow a common online login for access to Internet services provided by banks and public authorities and you will need one when starting a company.

Finding a job in Denmark as a foreigner


If you are a pensioner, you need to inform the IPC (International Pension Centre) to prevent problems with your pension payments (tel. 0191 218 7777). Denmark has double taxation agreements with the UK so you will not be taxed twice — provided you ensure that the tax offices are aware of your circumstances. You can arrange to have your pension paid directly into your Danish bank account, and still benefit from the increases as if you still lived in Britain. Contact HMRC and your pension providers well before you leave the UK. If you’ve only worked, lived or are working abroad then your pension is processed through your home state offices. You must claim the state pension through the relevant authority of the country where you currently live and have worked in.

Published By VanOne
Last updated on 12th August 2019

Related Posts

Danish cultureDanish Culture and Language

Language One of the predominant components of Danish culture is language. Danish is…

public transportation in DenmarkTransportation in Denmark

Driving Denmark conforms to European rules and standards. Each year the Danish Road Directorate…

social life in DenmarkSocial Life in Denmark

How is it that the Danes have been ranked the happiest people in…

Buying a House in DenmarkBuying a House in Denmark

As an UK citizen, being EU member, when relocating to Denmark, with a residence permit,…

Get an Instant Quote

What is the total volume and weight of the items you'd like to move?

Two men moves are provided by our partner.