VanOne is a trademark of VOGB Ltd, registered and used in the United Kingdom
medical care in Poland

Book cheap removals to Poland

right here on this website.

Book cheap removals to Poland

right here on this website.

Get quote & Book

Health Care in Poland

Pensions in Poland

If you are a pensioner, you need to inform the IPC (International Pension Centre) to prevent problems with your pension payments (tel. 0191 218 7777). Public health care in Poland is organised in such a way that healthcare premiums are subtracted from pensions.

Poland has double taxation agreements with the UK so you will not be taxed twice – provided you ensure that the tax offices are aware of your circumstances. You can arrange to have your pension paid directly into your Polish bank account, and still benefit from the increases as if you still lived in Britain. Contact HMRC and your pension providers well before you leave the UK

If you’ve only worked, lived or are working abroad then you must claim the State Pension through the relevant authority of the country where you currently live and have worked in.

Health Care in Poland

Your employer will arrange healthcare insurance, or you can do this yourself for private healthcare insurance.

You can obtain voluntary health insurance from the National Health Fund (NFZ), which entitles you to use medical care within the system. This is for people without other health insurance. You need to fill in the application form and attach details of your last health insurance and identity proof. Website: where you can get a copy of the application form.

Health providers under this system display an NFZ logo. Dentists often offer both NFZ and private treatment. Try to go to a hospital which has a contract with the NFZ.  During your stay in hospital, operations, diagnostic tests and medicines are provided free of charge. A prescription should be issued by a doctor who practices within the NFZ. Take your prescription and your EHIC to the pharmacist.  Medicines are charged to you in varying proportions.

If you receive a UK state retirement pension or long-term incapacity benefit, you may be entitled to state-funded healthcare paid for by the UK. You’ll need to apply for form E121 from the International Pension Centre (tel.  0191 218 7777). You need to register your E121 with the NFZ office. This entitles you to an EHIC issued by the UK which allows access to medical care in other EEA countries, including Britain.

You may find it advisable to KEEP YOUR OWN ACCURATE AND DETAILED RECORDS! One good thing for us is that many doctors speak good English and are happy to practise it.

The NHS website gives excellent advice and up-to-date information.

Check the prices of removals to Poland.

Published By VanOne
Last updated on 12th August 2019

Related Posts

Moving to PolandMoving to Poland

Marzanna and Wianki If you are moving to Poland from UK you should know…

driving-in-PolandDriving in Poland

Public Transportation in Poland Despite its long coastline, Poland has few passenger ferries. Driving…

social-life-in-PolandSocial Life in Poland

Language Learning the language may be a great help in developing a social…

Moving-to-Poland-From-UKLiving in Poland

Cost of Living in Poland In proportion to avarge income, the cost of living…

Get an Instant Quote

      What is the total volume and weight of the items you'd like to move?