VanOne is a trademark of VOGB Ltd, registered and used in the United Kingdom
Healthcare in Romania

Book cheap removals to Romania

right here on this website.

Book cheap removals to Romania

right here on this website.

Get quote & Book

Health Care in Romania

Pensions in Romania

If you are a pensioner, you need to inform the IPC (International Pension Centre) to prevent problems with your pension payments (tel. 0191 218 7777). It may also help managing the formalities of receiving health care in Romania.

Romania has double taxation agreements with the UK so you will not be taxed twice – provided you ensure that the tax offices are aware of your circumstances. You can arrange to have your pension paid directly into your Romanian bank account – and still benefit from the increases as if you still lived in Britain. Contact HMRC and your pension providers well before you leave the UK.

If you’ve only worked, lived or are working abroad then you must claim the State Pension through the relevant authority of the country where you currently live and have worked in.

Social Insurance and Health Care in Romania

In Romania the institution managing sickness and invalidity is the Casa Nationala de Asigurani de Senatate.

Casa Nationala de Asiguarari de Sanatate 248 Calea Calarasilor BL.S19, Sector 3 Bucharest Romania

The Ministry of Labour deals with labour issues, family and social issues while the Ministry of Health oversees public health.

Before you move to Romania you should consider updating your their tetanus and diphtheria injections as well as considering inoculations against hepatitis A and B, typhoid and rabies. This is especially important if you are planning to visit any rural areas.

The health system is complex and a booklet you can access at this site lays out the rules for different situations.

If you receive a UK state retirement pension or long-term incapacity benefit, you may be entitled to state-funded healthcare paid for by the UK. You’ll need to apply for form S1 from the International Pension Centre (tel.  0191 218 7777). You need to register your S1 with the Casa Nationala de Asiguarari de Sanatate.  This entitles you to an EHIC issued by the UK which allows access to medical care in other EEA countries, including Britain.

Hospital notes may not follow you around as they do in the UK – YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR OWN ACCURATE AND DETAILED RECORDS! One good thing for us is that many doctors speak good English and are happy to practise it.

Check the prices of removals to Romania.

Published By VanOne
Last updated on 12th August 2019

Related Posts

photo  of the heart of Romania - what is Bucharest LikeExploring the Heart of Romania: What is Bucharest Like?

Exploring the Heart of Romania: What is Bucharest Like Ever wonder, "What is Bucharest like?" If you're planning…

public-transport-timisoaraPublic Transport Timisoara Romania

The Public Transport Timisoara consists of extensive network of trams, trolleybuses, buses, designated…

relocating-romania-ukRelocating to Romania from the UK

Several fun facts, tips and go-to locations for you, if you…

Romanian-CultureRomanian Culture

Social Life and Traditions in Romania Romanians are known for their hospitality and generosity, and…

Get an Instant Quote