VanOne is a trademark of VOGB Ltd, registered and used in the United Kingdom
Pensions in Malta

Book cheap removals to Malta

right here on this website.

Book cheap removals to Malta

right here on this website.

Get quote & Book

Pensions in Malta

Medical Care and Social Insurance

In Malta you need not register with a doctor or dentist. You may have to make a patient contribution to the cost of your care. Make sure that you are treated by a state healthcare provider as you will not be covered for private healthcare. People receiving UK state retirement pensions in Malta, or long-term incapacity benefits, may be entitled to state-funded healthcare paid for by the UK. You’ll need to apply for form E 121 from the International Pension Centre (tel:  0191 218 7777). You need to register your E 121 with the Maltese Ministry of Health, which will issue you with a “Certificate of Entitlement”. You will need to show this form when seeking treatment in public health facilities. It also entitles you to an EHIC issued by the UK; this allows access to medical care in other EEA countries, including Britain. For refunds contact the Maltese Ministry of Health, Entitlement Unit and show your original receipts:

Ministry of Health Entitlement Unit 24 St John’s Street Valletta Malta CMR02

Tel: 0035 6 21 22 40 71


YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR OWN ACCURATE AND DETAILED RECORDS! One good thing for us is that English is an official language.

The NHS website gives excellent advice and up-to-date information:

Pensions in Malta

If you are a pensioner, you need to inform the IPC (International Pension Centre) to prevent problems with your pension payments (tel. 0191 218 7777).

Malta has double taxation agreements with the UK so you will not be taxed twice – provided you ensure that the tax offices are aware of your circumstances. You can arrange to have your pension paid directly into your Maltese bank account – and still benefit from the increases as if you still lived in Britain. Contact HMRC and your pension providers well before you leave the UK.

Malta’s national insurance scheme includes an old-age pension plan for its citizens. Both employee and employer pay 10% of the salary each, and then the government adds another 50% of this sum to the pension fund. Self-employed people need to cover most of their contributions by themselves, so they pay more than an employee.

If you’ve only worked, lived or are working abroad then you must claim the State Pension through the relevant authority of the country where you currently live and have worked in.

Check the prices of removals to Malta.

Published By VanOne
Last updated on 12th August 2019

Related Posts

Malta - Is Malta a Good Country to Relocate ToIs Malta a Good Country to Relocate To?

Is Malta a Good Country to Relocate To? The place where the sun marks its presence for most…

Transportation-on-MaltaTransportation in Malta

Driving A taxi driver once explained Maltese driving in a nutshell to me. He…

Malta-in-a-nutshellMalta in a Nutshell

No matter if you consider visiting Malta on vacation, moving there for a…

social-life-in-MaltaSocial Life in Malta

The Language of Malta Many Maltese also speak Italian but the national language…

Get an Instant Quote